Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinning Propeller Logo — Parallax Forums

Spinning Propeller Logo

ClemensClemens Posts: 236
edited 2007-09-03 18:27 in Propeller 1
Here comes my first spin program, an animated Propeller Logo using Graphics.spin and TV.spin from the Object Library.
Requires demoboard-type mouse and TV-setup.
Off course the colors are not right, but I·didn't find out yet, how to change them...
It's all done with the "arc" method, no pixdefs were used,·so it is a very memory friendly way to add a proplogo if someone plans to use the graphics object anyway.
The logo reacts to mouse movement.

Post Edited (Clemens) : 9/2/2007 9:42:04 PM GMT

Comments

• mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    edited 2007-09-03 07:06
    That's way cool! I made a few minor changes and it runs great on my Hydra. I love the way it moves around in response to the mouse.
    As for the colors, try changing the line in bold:
      'init colors
      repeat i from 0 to 63
        [b]colors[i] := $2B06bc02[/b]

This gives all the tiles the same palette and makes the propeller and center band of the beanie (and text oval background) orange (on my TV at least), which is as close to red as I can find.

It's the bc part of $2b06bc02, so you can play around and maybe find a better color. While you're at it, maybe you can turn the white parts of the beanie yellow.

But didn't you say you had a PAL TV? The code you posted uses the TV driver in NTSC mode, doesn't it?
  • ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2007-09-03 18:24
    Yes, I have a pal-tv but I changed the tv-mode to ntsc before posting because most people here seem to have ntsc systems.
    I played around with the colors already, but it only has impact on color 1!
    Is there a way to change the other colors? I hope this isn't the most stupid question ever asked here, but if so - maybe I'll win a prize...
  • ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2007-09-03 18:27
    aahh! stop, I found it, sorry, it's just the rest of the $2b06bc02...