Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial Camera — Parallax Forums

Serial Camera

Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
edited 2008-09-18 21:33 in Propeller 1
A post in the Sandbox recently re-sparked my interest in imaging with the Propeller. I purchased a serial camera module (C328-7640) that does onboard JPEG encoding, while also allowing the host processor to pull raw images up to 640x480 color.

I used this camera to capture images every 30 seconds to a SD card to provide time lapse imagery. Using ffmpeg (an open source video manipulation package), I could convert the large file of images to a flv (flash video file), which could then be viewed as a time lapse video. It was pretty cool but didn't really do anything advanced so I never posted it.

I also remember rjo and others were interested in Propeller image capture so I am posting a link to the camera so those interested could take a look. You will probably want to purchase the camera right away if you want it because they go out of stock pretty fast (I was lucky, there was 1 left when I ordered back in May). Make sure you get a camera with the IR cut filter, otherwise bright sunlight will cause problems. Electronics123 is very reliable and their online ordering and shipping system is very advanced, especially for a hobby shop.

Attached are a few example images.

C328-7640
www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2581/.f

Harrison
640 x 480 - 24K
640 x 480 - 25K

Comments