Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Memory Stick Datalogger Sample Code or Object? — Parallax Forums

Memory Stick Datalogger Sample Code or Object?

JohnBFJohnBF Posts: 107
edited 2007-08-26 03:32 in Propeller 1
Is anyone working on a Memory Stick Datalogger object, or perhaps Parallax will include a spin code sample for download?

/John

Comments

• Rob7Rob7 Posts: 275
    edited 2007-08-25 01:44
    John,
    I purchased the memory stick to include it in my new project, however it is for the BS2.
    Get this.
    I have been spending more time with the propeller and now am thinking of just converting my project to the propeller. I don't know of any object now for the propeller.
    Sounds like a great project though !
    Do you want to co- opt on working on this new object ?

Rob7
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-08-25 04:09
    I've started playing with the VMusic2 which is essentially the same thing with an MP3 player. I use FullDuplexSerial as the I/O driver. The firmware manual is pretty complete with examples of the various commands. If you want to use SPI mode, I posted a couple of test programs somewhere back a month or so ago that allow you to type on the keyboard and display the output on a TV or VGA display. That would give you the chance to try the various commands by hand to see what the response of the Vinculum chip is under different circumstances.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-08-25 04:25
  • JohnBFJohnBF Posts: 107
    edited 2007-08-25 16:33
    At the moment I'm more interested in using it in a project than figuring it out. The project already has lots to keep my learning curve steep. Mike, I'll try your demo using SPI mode. Thanks!

/John
  • Rob7Rob7 Posts: 275
    edited 2007-08-26 03:32
    Thank's Mike
    I will check it out.

Rob7