Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Search the Propeller Chip forum only — Parallax Forums

Search the Propeller Chip forum only

ClemensClemens Posts: 236
edited 2007-08-23 05:04 in Propeller 1
This Link is worth a bookmark; it searches the propeller Forum only by searching for the exact String "Parallax Forums > Public Forums > Propeller chip >" in advanced search mode. Just enter any additional search term into "with any of the words" and leave "with all of the words" untouched.
Okay it's no big secret, but it works! -Hope it helps.

http://search.parallax.com/search?ie=&q=%22Parallax+Forums+%3E+Public+Forums+%3E+Propeller+chip+%3E%22+&site=parallax&filter=p&output=xml_no_dtd&client=parallax&btnG=Google+Search&access=p&lr=&ip=212.87.43.129&proxystylesheet=parallax&oe=&proxycustom=<ADVANCED/>

Comments

• Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-08-21 12:31
    You can also add inurl:f=25 in the normal search box for the same effect
  • Wayne BartnickWayne Bartnick Posts: 3
    edited 2007-08-21 18:23
    Attached is an OpenSearch plugin for Firefox 2 and IE7 that will search this (Propeller chip) forum. Tested with Firefox 2.0.0.6.

The follow link has information on writing your own, as well as providing 'autodiscovery' of search plugins on your own website for browsers that support it.
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Creating_OpenSearch_plugins_for_Firefox

To install manually (for Firefox), just copy the XML file into your Firefox searchplugins folder (%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\) and restart Firefox. I don't know about installing manually for IE7, but, then again, who uses that anyhow?! lol.gif

-Wayne
  • ClemensClemens Posts: 236
    edited 2007-08-21 20:48
    Thank you Wayne!
    It couldn't be more comfortable than that! EVERYONE should install this! I love the tiny Propeller Icon, too!
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-21 22:27
    Nice plugin! Firefox rules..

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2007-08-22 04:59
    I copied the file, but where do I see the results?

What exactly is this supposed to do?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm new to the propeller!
  • KaioKaio Posts: 253
    edited 2007-08-22 12:01
    bulkhead,

if you was following the installation instruction you will find in the dropdown list of the search bar (right beside the url input field) the search for the Propeller Forum. If you select this you can type a keyword in the input field beside an hit enter. The search result will be shown in the current tab.
  • Mark BramwellMark Bramwell Posts: 56
    edited 2007-08-23 03:08
    I am new to this forum but I found your search engine topic interesting.

I created a .src file to auto install the propeller search into firefox.

searchbar.png

The link below will take you to the page;
    Click on the link on that page to add the engine to your firefox.

www.foxhollow.ca/propeller/

Post Edited (Mark Bramwell) : 8/23/2007 3:17:02 AM GMT
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-23 05:04
    This thread should be added to a sticky somewhere... Excellent tool...

Oldbit

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!