Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropStick USB Failure — Parallax Forums

PropStick USB Failure

crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
edited 2007-08-20 19:11 in Propeller 1
I started testing out a couple PropstickUSB's today for a project at work. I applied power (5v to VIN) and ground to the correct pins, and plugged it into my laptop. The FTDI drivers installed perfectly as COM18, but for some reason, the propeller tool cannot find the Propeller. Any Idea why this could be happening?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
My Blog: Prog | Electro | Mech

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident. I was thinking "What the heck is this guy doing?"

Post Edited (crgwbr) : 8/20/2007 5:43:24 PM GMT

Comments

• Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-20 16:45
    crgwbr said...
    I started testing out a couple PropstickUSB's today for a project at work. I applied power (5v to VIN) and ground to the correct pins, and plugged it into my laptop. The FTDI drivers installed perfectly as COM18, but for some reason, the propeller tool cannot find the Propeller. Any Idea why this could be happening?

try here: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=665055
  • crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2007-08-20 17:01
    I guess I don't really get the connection. What does the propeller tool not finding the propeller have to do with blue tooth devices crashing the IDE? I know that the tool is opening the port correctly because I can see the blue LED flash as it checks the port. For some odd reason, the propeller just isn't responding to it.

Oh, did I mention that this is rather urgent. The company this for is on the verge of giving up on the propeller and switching to Siemens PLCs. I know that that would be the wrong move, but try explaining that to people who don't understand a thing about how computers work.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident. I was thinking "What the heck is this guy doing?"

Post Edited (crgwbr) : 8/20/2007 5:42:44 PM GMT
  • crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2007-08-20 19:11
    Nevermind, I got it fixed. I think it was just a dirty power supply.

Thanks Anyway,
    Craig

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔