Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
has this forum died? — Parallax Forums

has this forum died?

BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
edited 2007-08-24 08:15 in Propeller 1
It's gone really quiet over here, are people in hiding, ready to pounce with their latest projects?
Are people still active here?

Baggers.

Comments

• kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2007-08-16 12:17
    vacationing! wooo hooo!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-08-16 12:23
    ah, would explain the abundance of forum banter then lol [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    happy summer hols peeps.
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-08-16 14:42
    I'm hiding waiting to pounce. I have been pretty busy (with non programming stuff) but I am working on a small game in the background. Nothing exciting or original, but something I have been wanting to see and no one else has done yet.
    edited 2007-08-16 15:09
    Cool [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Glad to see your still workin on something JT [noparse]:)[/noparse] you always do cool stuff when you pounce too, so now, I can't wait to see lol.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-08-16 15:09
    I'm chipping away.

Also been fairly busy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!
    edited 2007-08-16 15:11
    coolio [noparse]:)[/noparse] yeah, seems times are gettin busy [noparse]:([/noparse] and for me too with Tokyo Game Show looming.
  • epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-08-16 17:15
    Waiting to pounce as well, but it's really a "Propeller" project rather than a "Hydra" project, so I suppose I won't be hitting this particular forum. I'm cranking away like gangbusters though...

I'm actually surprised there's not more new blood kicking around this forum. Where are all the new Hydra owners? Maybe they just don't know this is where the action is. We should probably post on Nurve's forum and invite them to the party. It got very quiet when the summer started so I was hoping things would pick back up again in September. We'll see....
    edited 2007-08-16 18:21
    Yeah, that's why I asked where everyone was, it's gone ghostly quiet, not even much from Andre' either.
    Glad to see the four of us are still coding away though... Some good times ahead soon then [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-08-16 20:49
    Baggers said...
    and for me too with Tokyo Game Show looming.

What do you have going on at the Game Show?
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-17 05:31
    Between play DodgyKong, writing "Propeller Cookbook" and organizing a local propeller/robotics club, I've been a little too busy to work on my game plans.. Glad to see some action over here.

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
    edited 2007-08-17 07:26
    epmoyer said...
    Baggers said...
    and for me too with Tokyo Game Show looming.

What do you have going on at the Game Show?
    http://www.wardevil.com
    edited 2007-08-17 09:13
    Andre' you're very quiet lately too, what exciting things are you up to?
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-08-17 23:34
    I am here, working on 100 things at once as usual. I think the most important thing is for people to finish things and post them with screen shots. There are a lot of hydra owners, but a small percentage know about the parallax forum, so its a slow process getting a forum's really going. But, I think this one has a lot of activity. However, with any product people get excited then they start on things and don't finish and disapear or get busy with other things. Thus, the most important thing is to finish stuff and that keeps things going.

Andre'
    edited 2007-08-18 08:00
    100 things? can you shed any light on any of it? or is it all hush hush? [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    As for releasing, I'm due another release very soon, and I'm sure it'll be liked by all [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-08-18 14:25
    I do see the seasonal slowdown, it's summer.

It would be wonderful if there was some form of tracking for projects, originators,·status, and current version.· Linux has always been very good at this and it really helps people to participate.·

Parallax just revised their Propeller Objects Library into a much handier format.

If·each originator was responsible for input, I don't expect the task to be a huge drain of manpower.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Everything in the world is purchased by labour; and our passions are the only causes of labor." -- David·Hume (1711-76)········
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
    edited 2007-08-18 15:24
    AndreL said...
    ·There are a lot of hydra owners, but a small percentage know about the parallax forum, so its a slow process getting a forum's really going.
    Just out of curiosity, how many is a lot?
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-08-18 16:32
    On that thought, why not pack in an insert. Just a piece of paper --pennies maybe.

Do a full page, with color screenies and the usual: you too can be sharing the fun of your HYDRA with others!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-08-21 00:24
    I send out all products with an ad for the hydra, I can't speak for parallax, but that would be a good idea. Anyone that buys any propeller or sx related product should get a color sales insert with the hydra on it to try and upsell, so we can get more units out there.

Andre'
    edited 2007-08-21 02:24
    Roughly how many Hydras are out there?
  • KeeblerKeebler Posts: 58
    edited 2007-08-24 06:53
    I'm still around, but I stopped getting reply notifications for the threads I was active on, so I wasn't checking.
    Oh and a billion things have been going on with my new house / remodel...

Rich
    edited 2007-08-24 08:15
    Good to see the main contributers on here are still active.

Keebler : Good luck with your new house [noparse]:)[/noparse] I know what that's like... I moved here last August [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre' : Like JT Cook, I'd also like a rough estimate on unit count out there?