Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Image to DAT conversion — Parallax Forums

Image to DAT conversion

Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
edited 2007-08-16 17:30 in Propeller 1
I'm working on an application that will incorporate a touch screen and graphics for a user interface, and I have a couple of questions:

1.· The Propeller Tool allows importing of .dat files using the FILE directive.· How does one create these .dat files?
2.· Before I spend the time to create a .bmp to .dat converter, is there anyone out there who knows of any existing programs that will create propeller bitmaps from graphics files?

By the way, I'm working on a 4-wire touch screen reader, and I'll be posting what I have soon.

Cheers!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
----

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-08-15 19:15
    There was one somebody posted a while ago. I don't have the link handy.· Have a look at
    Graham Stabler's Good Thread Index.
  • mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    edited 2007-08-16 06:58
    Ken,
    Thank you for mentioning the FILE directive. I was completely unaware of it, but now I can't live without it. I've been cobbling together a bitmap converter and now it outputs DAT files (much more convenient than the text files it used to generate!). Attached are some images displayed by my Hydra.
    My converter outputs data specific to my video driver, so it might not be directly useful to you, but if you're interested in buggy, undocumented, inelegant C# code that just barely works, I can send you a copy.

Michael
    640 x 480 - 40K
    480 x 360 - 82K
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-08-16 11:51
    Thanks, Michael

What I think I'll try to make (when I get the time) is a command line conversion utility that will take a small .bmp or .ico file and convert it to a .dat file which will work with the graphics driver published on the object exchange. That way, I can use a graphics program to design icons and buttons for a GUI for the Propeller

Ken

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ----

• KaioKaio Posts: 253
    edited 2007-08-16 16:38
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-08-16 17:30
    thanks, Kaio!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ----