Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Idea for Prop PCB designers — Parallax Forums

Idea for Prop PCB designers

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-08-13 23:02 in Propeller 1
One of the common threads I see on hear is people who like myself are finding or looking for the fun of building their own microcomputer. How about a Propeller board that fits inside the C64 case. There's a bunch of 64's working/dead/otherwise on Ebay, (Commodore sold a record number of them) You could put the power, switch, and joystick connections in their expected locations, put an SD slot and I/O port out the Cart. slot. The prop-side would look like the Keyrah (image attached) Then put an add-on board that would bolt into the opposite side of the case to include keyboard, ps2 keyboard/mouse. The Commodore keyboard is an 8x8 keyboard matrix. (I recently did a mod like this using a pixaxe chip to convert the keyboard to serial)

Bet one of you PCD designers could make a buck or two in the process, there are certainly more than a few of us with a fond memory of the 64. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
318 x 254 - 19K

Comments

• Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-08-13 23:02
    That's a good idea!

I had the idea before of making a Propeller based computer similar to the Commodores and such, but using an original Commodore just saves half the work.

I'd do this, if I had the money to buy a Commodore myself.