Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Nokia LCD pinout? — Parallax Forums

Nokia LCD pinout?

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-08-12 22:52 in Propeller 1
Using 'search.parallax.com' I uncovered two threads about experimenting with the Nokia LCD.
Neither of which had the pinouts being used.

Can some supply the proper physical connections for
the 8 pins?

Thanks
Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-11 05:12
    More information is always good, but I'm hunting for their connections to the Propeller...

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-08-11 09:22
    It is a standard SPI interface, as used with SD cards. The display is extremely simple, after you have managed the soldering...; I used it with AVRs some years ago. Ebay offered them at $ 3 I think... There are some routines in the BASCOM and fastAVR libraries. You will without doubt also find something in BS libraries

Edit:
    Best Links I know of smile.gif
    www.mkprojekt.de/index.php/content/view/2/2/
    www.mkprojekt.de/index.php/content/view/3/2/

Post Edited (deSilva) : 8/11/2007 9:38:03 AM GMT
  • Franz AchatzFranz Achatz Posts: 140
    edited 2007-08-11 21:50
    here a link to 132x132 nokia color displays:

http://www.display3000.com/html/english.html

BASCOM AVR has 2 LIBs included for this kind of displays.

Note: there are two different Nokia 132X132 displays out there. One with a Epson and one with a Philips controller.
    But BASCOM supports both.

Franz
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-08-12 09:42
    Looks like High Quality! Someone should ask if they could swap the Mega128 for a Prop smile.gif
  • Franz AchatzFranz Achatz Posts: 140
    edited 2007-08-12 22:52
    deSilva said...
    Looks like High Quality! Someone should ask if they could swap the Mega128 for a Prop smile.gif
    i allready asked him last year, not about the Propeller, but about his nokia-display-work and making BASCOM·Nokia LIB's out of it. But this was a bad idea·and did not work out right and then we desided together with Mark Alberts, the designer of BASCOM AVR, ·making·our own·2 Nokia LIB's available for BASCOM AVR.

Franz·