Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
USB-serial driver on prop plug affects USB mouse? — Parallax Forums

USB-serial driver on prop plug affects USB mouse?

bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
edited 2007-08-08 14:26 in Propeller 1
I'm using this wireless optical mouse from Microsoft www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Notebook-Optical-Slate/dp/B0002CPBWIp and it seems to malfunction when I am using the prop plug at the same time. Recently, one of my mice stopped working too. I'm not sure if that is related to the prop plug though, but I do know that when I plug in my mouse the Propeller Tool seems to respond to it. Also, my mouse becomes sluggish after a short while of use (with the prop plug plugged in). Has anyone else had this problem?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
I'm new to the propeller!

Comments

• Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-08 14:26
    It took me an hour and a half to find the single sentence that MS has on this. (It's in the text readme, not the help file).

What it comes down to is this: check the end of the mouse's usb plug to see if the green led is blinking. If so, turn over the mouse and press the microscopic button in the plug space. Plug and mouse greet each, handshakes all around and it all works again.

If the green led isn't working, then I don't know. Battery time, maybe?

I haven't had any problem with Propeller interface to their Ed Kit boards. Can't say about the other usb stuff though.