Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New and Improved Propeller Object Exchange — Parallax Forums

New and Improved Propeller Object Exchange

Lauren DavisLauren Davis Posts: 313
edited 2007-08-11 02:32 in Propeller 1
Join us at our new and improved Propeller Object Exchange. The interface has been retooled and the site now supports many new features. Click here·to go to the new·site now.

The Propeller Object Exchange contains many source code objects for the Propeller microcontroller.· They are created and submitted by Propeller customers as well as Parallax engineers for use by everyone in the community.

Submissions are·always moderated; however, customer submissions are not·tested·or·supported by Parallax.· If you have a concern about an object, please contact the object’s author directly or ask questions about it on the Propeller Discussion Forum.

Propeller Object Exchange: http://obex.parallax.com

Sincerely,
Lauren

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·
Lauren Davis
Marketing Manager
Parallax, Inc.
916-624-8333
ldavis@parallax.com
·

Comments

• RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2007-08-08 00:28
    nice layout!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    E3 = Thought

http://folding.stanford.edu/·- Donating some CPU/GPU downtime just might lead to a cure for cancer! My team stats.
  • Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-08-08 00:32
    Nice. Very professional layout.
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2007-08-08 05:00
    It looks good, but I have one question: is there a way to display more of the objects per page? Btw, the search function is great!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm new to the propeller!
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-08-08 05:20
    My hat's off to your web design folks! It's not only eminently useable, but pleasant to look at. Such utility combined with artistry is a breath of fresh air!

-Phil
  • GavinGavin Posts: 134
    edited 2007-08-08 05:41
    Yep sure is great but we need another category, one for Mike Green's stuff[noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • ciw1973ciw1973 Posts: 64
    edited 2007-08-08 10:56
    I notice that Chip's 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 VGA drivers aren't in the exchange.

I was looking for these the other day to show a friend just what the Propeller is capable of, but gave up in the end. Any chance they could be hunted down and added?
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-08-08 11:12
    looks really nice and user friendly [noparse];)[/noparse] well done
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,427
    edited 2007-08-08 11:14
    Yes, very clean. Likey a lot.
  • KaioKaio Posts: 253
    edited 2007-08-08 12:12
    ciw1973,

use the following links to find the drivers.

1600x1200 VGA driver > http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=617313

1280x1024 VGA driver > http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=617144

Thomas
  • KariKari Posts: 12
    edited 2007-08-08 13:20
    I like Object Exchange's new look. The search function is a good improvement.

Only thing that coud be improved is those icons which look artistic but are not very intuitive.
    When you go to any sub-category icons are ordered from left to right without any textual explanation what they mean.
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-08 14:16
    Get Paul to change his locked sticky thread message: http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25&m=204210

(And Paul, let's not duplicate the four-deep browser windows that the old link insisted upon.)
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-08-08 21:43
    Done

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-08-08 21:55
    Kari said...
    When you go to any sub-category icons are ordered from left to right without any textual explanation what they mean.
    If the image icons alone seem a bit vague, some ALT or TITLE attributes would be helpful. My suspicion is that frequent users will soon become accustomed to the meanings of the icons.

-Phil
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 756
    edited 2007-08-08 22:09
    The icons, when lined up, do have ALT attributes... simply hover your mouse over them and they tell you what they are.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-08-08 22:58
    Those don't show up in my browser (Opera on OS/X), and now I read that they're not really supposed to any more. (The only thing that pops up when I hover is the link address.) But TITLE attributes, when present in an image tag, do show up — above the link address in Opera. Here is some info on ALT versus TITLE.

-Phil
  • ciw1973ciw1973 Posts: 64
    edited 2007-08-08 23:01
    Kaio said...
    ciw1973,

use the following links to find the drivers.

1600x1200 VGA driver > http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=617313

1280x1024 VGA driver > http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=617144

Thomas

Thanks for that, but they really do need to be put in the object exchange.
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-08 23:07
    Jeff,

Nothing shows up on my older iMac (OS 9.2) when mouse'd over either. Must be a 'PC' sort of thing to work.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
    edited 2007-08-08 23:10
    Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) said...
    Those don't show up in my browser (Opera on OS/X), and now I read that they're not really supposed to any more. (The only thing that pops up when I hover is the link address.) But TITLE attributes, when present in an image tag, do show up — above the link address in Opera. Here is some info on ALT versus TITLE.

-Phil
    Thanks Phil,

Guess I've been out of the loop for web stuff for a while because I didn't realize that.· We'll get it fixed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Jeff Martin (Parallax)) : 8/8/2007 11:31:55 PM GMT
    edited 2007-08-08 23:13
    ciw1973 said...

<referring to Chip Gracey's 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 VGA drivers>

Thanks for that, but they really do need to be put in the object exchange.
    Done!· They are posted now.· [noparse]:)[/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-08-09 06:26
    Jeff Martin said...
    Guess I've been out of the loop for web stuff for a while because I didn't realize that.
    Same here. I just assumed that ALT attributes were supposed to work like tool tips — until today when I read that article. But, hey, I still use <FONT> tags; so what does that tell you? smile.gif

-Phil
    edited 2007-08-09 08:23
    <blink>ha ha</blink>
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-08-09 17:08
    Very nice.

I went quickly through the interfaces as it popped up... so I might have missed something.

It would be nice to have either an "upload all" on the main page... or an "upload all" for a subject heading. This would make it easy for a person to be sure that he has all of the current versions in one place on his machine.

Is there a thread or other publicly available place that holds object exchange candidates?... for viewing and comments?

Rich
    edited 2007-08-09 23:06
    rjo_ said...
    Very nice.

I went quickly through the interfaces as it popped up... so I might have missed something.

It would be nice to have either an "upload all" on the main page... or an "upload all" for a subject heading. This would make it easy for a person to be sure that he has all of the current versions in one place on his machine.

Is there a thread or other publicly available place that holds object exchange candidates?... for viewing and comments?

Rich
    Do you mean "download all" button?· That's an interesting idea.· Perhaps we can make that happen, I'll make note of it for our list of enhancements.

A lot of the objects that end up on the exchange were posted to this forum first (as works in progress).· I think that's the only place like what you were asking for.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-08-09 23:26
    No modesty here[noparse]:)[/noparse]

But seriously, I have been trying to get folks to post to the forum in their natural languages as well as in English...
    So, in the spirit of bi-lingual education... In Spanish my comment would read.

Mire ese asno que monta su caballo al rev
  • Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-08-10 01:43
    Hello Paul,

Nothing shows up for me on hovering over the icons either under Windows XP inside Firefox 2.0.0.6
  • mynet43mynet43 Posts: 644
    edited 2007-08-10 03:35
    Great web site.

I took a quick look and couldn't find MCP3208.spin for the MCP3208 ADC chip.

Is this because it's provided with the Propeller Tool? If so, I'd still like to see these routines in the Object Exchange so we all have a common place to find useful code.

Keep up the good work!

Jim
  • parskoparsko Posts: 501
    edited 2007-08-10 06:49
    Jeff Martin (Parallax) said...
    "download all" button? That's an interesting idea.

I think that is an awesome idea for the sake of being up-to-date!!!

-Parsko
  • MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-08-10 06:52
    parsko said...
    Jeff Martin (Parallax) said...
    "download all" button? That's an interesting idea.

I think that is an awesome idea for the sake of being up-to-date!!!

-Parsko
    I second that motion.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    edited 2007-08-11 02:32
    Paul Baker (Parallax) said...
    Done

Got another link for you, destination the topmost Propeller Programming Tutorials, Object Exchange, Tricks and Traps sticky: http://search.parallax.com/

Then·we won't have wait until Mike Green reposts it again [noparse]:)[/noparse]