Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Max_1270 ADC — Parallax Forums

Max_1270 ADC

tom90tom90 Posts: 55
edited 2007-08-08 17:21 in Propeller 1
I recently downloaded the Max 1270 object from the object exchange, but I haven't been able to make it work. At first, i thought it was a timing issue (random waitcnts in the code), but that didn't lead anywhere. Nothing I do seems to work.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• SawmillerSawmiller Posts: 276
    edited 2007-08-08 02:12
    hmm, did this aboout a year ago,dont have the·setup any longer,i did use the 1270 for making my sawmill position sensor, so maybe that will help you.
    if it does let me know, i see some differences between your file and the one i found.
    dan

Post Edited (Sawmiller) : 8/8/2007 10:50:21 PM GMT
  • edited 2007-08-08 15:48
    Hey Tom.. I ran into the same issue, I had issues with the SHIFTOUT command part of the code, and not knowing if the IC was ok, I decided to simply bit-bang the control bit in Spin instead of using the SHIFTOUT command.. attached is the simple code based on Dan's original work... (thanks Dan!!)

One issue I had was that I originally saw no data coming out the IC, the issue was a damaged IC, so that is always a possibility. Please make sure all the pins connections match the specified pins on the code, the pins are clearly documented on the CON section of the code, I had issues there too, the use of the Serial Data IN / Serial Data Out pins got me confused initially, and I actually inverted them.. :-(

I guarantee that if you set up the pins properly, this code will run, I am using it now to test my MAX1271, I used a potentiometer to play with it and make sure the MAX1271 correctly converts the voltage... the MAX1271 should generate values even if you leave the Channel pins floating..

Post Edit:· I updated the Spin file.. the originally posted file had incorrect pin configuration (older file)... my mistake.. :-(

I hope this helps!!!...

Post Edited (Joe "Bot" Red) : 8/8/2007 5:00:55 PM GMT
  • tom90tom90 Posts: 55
    edited 2007-08-08 17:21
    Sawmiller and Joe, thanks for all the great help. I as far as I know this thing is finally working properly, couldn't have done it without you guys!!

Thanks again,
    Tom