Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Games in 'Fun' (Object Exchange) — Parallax Forums

Games in 'Fun' (Object Exchange)

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-08-10 21:12 in Propeller 1
Did anyone else notice the quiet addition of a few of the Hydra games (from the book) as well as some great drivers that Andre' uploaded to Object Exchange? With just a little patience these can be converted easily to the Prop boards.

Btw, Game writers.. Where's the other great games that have been written? <GRIN>

Hat's off to Andre' for releasing a preview of some of the great stuff in the Hydra Book. (Recommended Purchase)

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!

Comments

• BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-08-07 18:05
    Are you refering to JetPac? or the current games here on the forum that haven't been put into the Object Exchange?
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-07 21:11
    I was referring to all the great games that have been released already... They are strangely absent from the Object Exchange. Although, I am looking forward to seeing JetPac. Word on the grapevine says this is your best propeller release yet.. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-08-08 02:01
    So when do we get to see jetpac?
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2007-08-08 09:20
    Sorry Guys,

I'm afraid it's me holding up the show, I am just finalizing the design for my Hybrid board.
    We are past the prototype stage and we are just ironing out a few small niggles and last minute additions.
    As I am currently away on vacation I can't put the finishing touches to it until I get back.
    We will release the two together (and some other little beauties) when the board is ready and available. (about 3-4 weeks)

We are also working on a handheld prop based games device and a couple of Hydra/Hybrid expansion cards, one being a graphics add on. cool.gif

I can assure you that Baggers has done an excellent conversion, I even compared it to the Spectrum original, it really took me back to my youth...

Regards,

Coley
  • BEEPBEEP Posts: 58
    edited 2007-08-08 10:14
    J E T P A C jumpin.gif

21906014440.jpg

21906014378.jpg
    edited 2007-08-08 10:31
    As Coley said, It'll be soon, only a couple of weeks to wait for jetpac [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Along with the sd boot loader, which is a fav of mine, as once you've used it, you won't go back [noparse];)[/noparse] well I haven't at least lol
    It's great, you can put all your apps/games on the SD, then with the bootloader on the eeprom, it can be disconnected from the PC, and load any of the games as the boot loader displays a scrollable list of bin files on the SD to select and load [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-08-09 16:48
    The add ons have me intrigued. Can we get anymore details on what they are or prices?
    edited 2007-08-09 19:05
    Coley's still on his hols, I'm sure he'll fill you in when he gets back [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,110
    edited 2007-08-10 18:49
    @ JT Cook

One of the add-on boards is a graphics card, we are using an onboard prop to generate 16Bit colour and pushing it through an·encoder to give NTSC or PAL composite and S-Video outputs.

I will be putting the prototype together when I return from my vacation,·details and prices·will be posted as soon as we have them.

Baggers is doing all the coding and you can see the results in his latest prop video of Dragon's Lair.

The board will be compatible with·our Hybrid board and of course the Hydra.

I've·also thought about producing an adapter card for the proto board if there is enough interest.

I don't have any details on pricing yet, will know more when we get an indication of the level of interest.

After this we will be concentrating on our Prop handheld, it will feature the following:-

320*240 2.5" LCD Colour TFT screen, TV Out, Single channel audio, integral controller, tri-axis accelerometer and hopefully if we can squeeze it on, a micro sd slot.

Should be 3-6 months for that one though....

Regards,

Coley
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-10 21:12
    I'm curious.. What is that connector used for expansion and what pins are you feeding it?
    (Thinking this will need to be added to my own protoboard soon..)

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔