Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for answers & suggests — Parallax Forums

Looking for answers & suggests

BTXBTX Posts: 674
edited 2007-08-05 21:20 in Propeller 1
Hi all !!
Due I was thinking in digitize a VGA 640x480 60 Hz signal, I've many questions about propeller assembly.
I would like if somebody could answer me, some or all of these following questions:

1- Supposing you have four propellers sharing the same clock input "XIN"... and all them are running the same
·code in asm, will be them all in syncro ?? ie: when I execute a "waitpeq" instruction ...do they all have the response at the same time ??

2- Which is the minnimun pulse width that "waitpeq" could detects ?? (80Mhz clock)

3-Supposing some clock out generated by "counters" at some COG...will all props have that clocks in syncro (same phase) ??

4-Due the "WRBYTE" instruction have a execution time between 7 to 22 clocks... will all props have the same execution times ??

5-I will digitize a signal, taking samples at a fixed amount of time (maybe 24 samples in 25uSeg) how to get all the samples
at the same difference time between of them ?? I thought about using waitcnt statement after save the sample data in
main memory....and after the next sample...and so on. Will I get the same "delay" between samples, with this method ??
Think ..doing a loop to take the samples...I will never don't know ...in a "WRBYTE" instruction ...how many clocks will take it.
So the samples could have a different amount of time between them.

6-I must take 96 samples in 25uSeg, and save them in main memory...so I think the propeller speed will get not enough for me
except, I could use four COGs, sampling each of them only 24 samples, and doing a different delay in each COG before to begin to sample the data.
Does somebody knows another way to do this ? or am I missing something ?? Ideas are wellcoming !!
(Remember, that all "XIN" came from one common oscillator chip for all props.)

Of course ...thanks for your help !! wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Regards.

Alberto.

Comments

• rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-08-04 02:24
    Alberto,

Great questions. I wish I had answers.

I have an interest in signal processing... and am convinced that a flexible multiprop design should be up to just about any signal... but the proof is in the pudding. You are asking all the right questions. Being able to do this sort of thing is one of my goals for for the year. So I will be more than interested in your progress.

Why don't you start out with a single prop and a single cog? For example... keep the VGA screen the same. Then see what it takes to digitize it... over time?

That would be a great app all by itself.

Thanks

Rich
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-08-04 03:29
    A lot of this information is in the Propeller datasheet and in the manual.

1) The cogs are not expected to be in sync unless the program deliberately synchronizes them. The high resolution VGA routines do this by starting with the time the first cog is initialized, adding a fixed delay, then all the cogs do a WAITCNT with the same time used. After that time, they are synchronized until they do a hub memory access or a WAITVID or WAITPEQ/PNE.

2) The WAITPEQ has a minimum execution time of 5 clocks. It rechecks the pin state every clock cycle beginning with the 5th cycle.

3) If you synchronize two cogs by using WAITCNT, then start each cog's counters the same way (with the same number of clock cycles), they should be in sync once they start.

4) The datasheet has some nice diagrams that show how hub access works and how the "round-robin" access timing goes.

5/6) If you take 24 samples in about 25us, that's roughly 1us per sample or about 80 system clocks per sample (at 80MHz) or roughly 20 instructions per sample. You can use the WAITCNT instruction to lock the sampling to any multiple of system clocks (12.5ns). Since the system time is available to all cogs, you could even synchronize two cogs so they alternate sampling with each cog doing it once a microsecond, but the two cogs together sampling every 0.5us..
    edited 2007-08-04 06:06
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-08-04 07:25
    Alberto,
    I should like to comment your posting as follows (and maybe repating some of Mike's remarks)

(A) Your questions do not strictly refer to "assembly language" but to hardware architecture and performance. You are requesting some features @ VGA clock rate (around 25 MHz). I am sure you are well aware that this is BEYOND the instruction clock speed (80 MHz /4 = 20 MHz). The propeller - at the moment - can only handle this (in ONE COG) by the most powerful WAITVID instruction, caring for 32 (or 16) pixels in a synchronized way, thus giving you about 10 to 20 instructions to feed the video output. There is no equivalent for input!

(B) A solution - as you are also aware of - is "divide and conquer" (or "decimation" from another point of view). This clearly has to be done by external hardware!

(C) As Mike hinted to, there is a wonderful synchronization mean by using CNT, which is global to all COGs within ONE chip. With a multiple chip architecture you have to externally provide a similar global time sync system. Maybe it can be integrated into the external "decimation logic".

(D) Getting out of sync is easy. Note that all COGs within one chip are principally "out-of-sync" (out-of-phase) by the HUB wheel. Each COG gets its "time slice" within the 80 Mhz/16 = 5 MHz HUB-frame. Being synchronized with a higher precision than 5 MHz would most likely mean to explicitly wait after each HUB-access to sync to this 5 MHz, which sounds like (and is) a waste of time!

(E) On the other hand you are talking about "96 samples @ 25 mys" (??) which amounts to just 4 MHz, which is not VGA (640x480 @ 60 Hz) . This MIGHT make your project more feasible with simplified external hardware...

Post Edited (deSilva) : 8/4/2007 7:33:49 AM GMT
  • BTXBTX Posts: 674
    edited 2007-08-04 12:30
    Hi all & thanks so much for your help !!

Maybe, as is hard for me to explain in English what I want to ask, and it is hard too, to understand all what you mean..

Let me try again with some of these questions, abd let me explain·what I want to do.

I have three propellers, with the same clock input tied together, from a oscillator chip.

I have too a VGA signal, which is generated by another device, and I want to take 96 samples·of a line of it (in 25.17uSeg), each·seven lines, so I will have about 96*68 samples total in a VGA frame.

One propeller is to sample the VGA Red out, one prop for green, and one for Blue, all propellers will have a Hsync and Vsync inputs tied togheter to recognize the VGA syncro.

So I must check for the R,G,B data at the same time in the RGB props, so I need to get all three props running in the same time.

I have too, three differents flash A/D converters to do the digitize job, so I will only need·the props to get the data.

I hope it is clear now. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

@Rich.

Great thread....it will be usefull for me.

@Mike & @De Silva

My question number two..is stupid...sorry..[noparse]:([/noparse]... I want to check for the "H sync" pulse of 3.77uSeg in·a VGA out with the waitpeq/waitpne..and these statements are correctly enough for that purpose.

@Mike........ 5/6 is what I think to do but not with two COGs, instead with four of them..(to be more quiet)
    So I assume that waitcnt could get all my samples at the same "difference of time" between them...as you suggest. Your answer is one thing of what I want to·know so !!!

@De Silva....... Yes, maybe some FIFO memories could·make me the life more easy, and a FPGA still more ....[noparse]:)[/noparse] I'm strongly thinking in that now....

Thanks all again !!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-04 13:04
    o.k. Alberto, it sems your "throughput" is 60 Hz * 96 * 68 = 390 kHz. That is SLOW! That means you have around 80 instructions per sample; however there are bursts of around 4 MHz during the selected lines (=5 instructions time) which is quite tight. I should recommend to buffer the 100 samples in the COG and store them during the 6 blanked lines.

But I think yu can handle this with 3 COGs in one chip which will obsolete the need for any need of inter-chip synchronization. In fact, you already did what I called "decimation" smile.gif
  • edited 2007-08-04 13:30
    Hey Alberto... I am fluent in both Spanish and English... I will be more than happy to help in translating your questions to English... you can send me a private IM message if you want... thanks!..

Anyway... I read somewhere here about a couple fellas overclocking the Propeller with a 6.5 Mhz·resonator... that takes the Propeller to 104 Mhz.... which takes the instruction clock speed to 104 / 4 = 26 Mhz·· which is just above the VGA clock...··

Here is a link related to overclocking the Prop to· 104 Mhz:
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=635701

just an idea.. smile.gif

Post Edited (Joe "Bot" Red) : 8/4/2007 1:58:30 PM GMT
    edited 2007-08-04 13:43
    Sorry deSilva

One active line of VGA has about 25.17 uSeg of data, like I need to take 96 samples in it, I have about 0.262 uSeg per sample...at 80Mhz clock for propeller, it is almost 21 clocks to take one sample.....so almost 5 instructions.

Considering that WRBYTE could take between 7..22 clocks, more the increment of the address pointer, more the DJNZ loop, I'm out of time !!

I thought to use four COGS, each one taking only 24 samples, but I must get in syncro all of them, and must have the exactly "same time" between samples too....maybe using waitcnt to·equal the delays...so I will waste more clocks in that wink.gif .

So I thought to use three propellers, each one each color....but then I must get in syncro them too... [noparse]:([/noparse]

My problem is in the "sampling lines"...then, each seven lines, I've many time to do somethings.

Maybe like you said...it could be usefull to get the data in "COG memory" before send it to "main memory"... but I will waste many time to do the transfer too... just remember I can't lose "many frames", my final target is to get about 15fps sampling ...and sending that data to 16 slaves too.

Obviously we are talking about the "LED curtain" in this time too, with real time video controller.

It is correct ? or I misunderstanding something.....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-04 13:45
    OH... thanks so much Joe !!!

I will later, now I'm leaving until night ...thanks again !!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-04 13:59
    Alberto et al.

Your English is fine. BUT my engineer-speak is nearly incomprehensible. I'm going to try, but no doubt I'll get something backwards.

There is something that I don't understand here. Let's stick with the original description of the problem ... just for a moment (to force us to think of parallel Props[noparse]:)[/noparse].

Bean's overlay board uses an external chip that takes a video signal and outputs a logic state to indicate the occurance of a sync... so long as that logic state was being watched identically by several props... then wouldn't you simply have to ensure that the Props were syncronized within the same signal sync period?

I don't understand why the Prop clocks would have to be physically syncronized at all... the time critical measurement comes from the horizontal and vertical sync signals (that is, timing issues are relative to the signal). If that is true then the critical time variance would be the variance in counters performing the equivalent of a PEQ... So the question then becomes... how well two different counters can be syncronized to a external input... and that would be determined by the variance in the "slew rate" of an input pin and the interval= +/- 1/clkfreq... no?

This question would apply to several cogs in a single Prop of course.

Rich
    edited 2007-08-04 16:15
    BTX said...
    Sorry deSilva
    One active line of VGA has about 25.17 uSeg of data, like I need to take 96 samples in it, I have about 0.262 uSeg per sample...at 80Mhz clock for propeller, it is almost 21 clocks to take one sample.....so almost 5 instructions.

Alberto, I TOLD YOU you have 5 instructions and I RECOMMENDED what you could try - if you would have read my posting :-( I highly esteem to all the things you have acomplished and will soon accomplish, but it is too frustrating to communicate with you further - sorry.

@rjo: Your idea is fine, and Alberto most likely uses it when processing the independent RGB signals. As he is hazitating to use the 6 intermediate lines for transport - as his most recent posting shows - he is working with a scheme how to do EVERYTHING in the most busy loop smile.gif So he looks for a very strong sync on nearly pixel-clock level.

You are correct that you can sync again on each new line, but you can easily loose sync using e.g. conditional jumps...

The most remarkable feature of the WAITVID output instruction is to uphold this sync, but there is no equivalent at the input side...

Post Edited (deSilva) : 8/4/2007 4:45:55 PM GMT
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2007-08-04 17:38
    BTX hello, how goes the beautiful curtain? I would like to offer a different design ideal as well.

Here are some links i stumble upon while surfing the internet:

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/vga_timing.html
    http://www.hardwarebook.info/VGA_%28VESA_DDC%29
    http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/vidconv.htm#nvctoc

To first digitize the signal, have (3) 8-bit (parallel out) ADC's sampling and outputting directly to (3) propellers. Each propeller would be responsible for R-G-B. An external sync separator would act as the sync for the propellers and the display.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    E3 = Thought

http://folding.stanford.edu/·- Donating some CPU/GPU downtime just might lead to a cure for cancer! My team stats.
    890 x 610 - 37K
    edited 2007-08-04 18:37
    Alberto,
    One single Propeller could do the sampling if you can share the I/O pins. You've got 3 x 8 = 24 pins you need for the 8-bit ADCs plus 2 pins for the horizontal and vertical sync signals from the sync separator. One additional line from the Propeller would enable the ADCs, maybe though a bus buffer with an enable line. The last line could be some other kind of status/control line.

During the horizontal sync period, one cog would compute a system clock time for the start of the active scan line, enable the ADCs, and do a WAITCNT for the computed time. It would then go through 96 samples in an "unrolled" loop as follows:
        waitcnt   time,#0       ' wait for the start of the active scan line
        wrlong    time,bufPtr  ' dummy write to synchronize to the hub
        nop                           ' each sample is timed relative to a hub access
        mov       temp,ina      ' read all 24 bits
        wrlong   temp,bufPtr  ' store in a long in hub memory
        add        bufPtr,#4     ' increment counter
        mov       temp,ina
        wrlong   temp,bufPtr  ' store sample #2 & synchronize to the hub
        add        bufPtr,#4
        mov       temp,ina
        wrlong   temp,bufPtr  ' store sample #3 & synchronize to the hub
        add        bufPtr,#4
    '  and so on for 96 x 3 instructions, then get ready for the next line
    '  This is only a little more than 300 instructions ... easy to fit in a cog.
    '  You get one sample every 16 system clocks.  At 80MHz, thats 200ns.
    '  If you need one sample every 262ns, you could use a lower frequency
    '  clock crystal like 3.81679 MHz.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 8/4/2007 6:45:29 PM GMT
    edited 2007-08-04 18:53
    One correction ... The crystal has to be in the range 4MHz-8MHz to use the PLL, so we'll use a 7.63358 MHz crystal and PLL8 to get about a 61 MHz system clock for the pixel timing to work out.
    edited 2007-08-04 22:37
    Hi all & thanks so much !!

@Rich.
    What you said is what I think....the Hsync will get in syncro my props...but I don't know, if then..the props code will be in syncro too... so I ask for that....although I use the same oscillator for all. I'm afraid that ADC data for R,G,B get out of syncro in samples.

@deSilva.
    Calm down....it is specially difficult for me· to understand you.....if you mean that, it·is ok.

@RinksCustoms.
    We are still assembling modules of the curtain......and I'm also beggining to think in the "real time video controller" for it.
    The links are very interesting ..(I just have the epanorama timming data). What do you explain in the graphic, is exactly what I thought to do.

@Mike.
    Your idea to use only one prop reading all 24 bits from a single instruction is wonderfull !!!! I never thought in this way....and you get the three samples (RGB) with the minimun waste of clocks !!
    But·doing this, I have a big problem...my propeller must comunicate with the 16 slaves boards too....so I would need 8 lines more for data send to slaves, and three lines more, to get in syncro with them... [noparse]:([/noparse]( ...........(Ideal for propeller 2 !!)
    That's why, I think in separate props for RGB sampling.

But returning to your idea....PLEASE !! could you explain to me three things ????????
    1-I can't understand, what the first 3 instructions do in your code ????
    2-WHY do you count the WRLONG as 8 clocks ??? (why are you so sure of that...and not 7..22 as the manual talk)
    3-Also, is not clear for me, how do you explain to "shoot" the sampling code, from the Hsync signal sensing it in·another COG ???? (you are not using waitpeq/waitpne to do that !!)

The goal for me, could be try to do that (some like your code), with three props, one each color, and comunicating it with a fourth prop...that send the data to the 16· slaves too. This fourth prop, will have 8 lines to comunicate with the three RGB props (bus), and 8 lines more to send to the slaves plus 3 lines to get in syncro with them. (be carrefully I'm not naming all lines to be used..I will need more lines to get in syncro, the RGB props with this fourth too)·I hope it is clear for you all !!!.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-05 00:19
    1) The WAITCNT waits until the active scan line starts. The horizontal sync code computes the system clock time based on when the sync pulse ends (or starts) and the time from then to the active scan line. The WRLONG simply synchronizes the cog to the hub since all of the following input sample times are relative to the cog's hub access slot. The NOP just takes the place of the ADD instruction which isn't needed for the first sample. This way the time of the sampling relative to the hub access is the same for all 96 pixels.

2) The WRLONGs for the pixels all take 7 clock cycles. The first dummy one (before the first pixel) can take anywhere from 7 to 22 clock cycles. All of the subsequent ones take 7 clock cycles since the ADD and MOV instructions take only 8 cycles and the hub cycle time is 16. That leaves one extra. Have a look at the description in the Propeller datasheet.

3) I would use the same cog to detect the Hsync edge with a WAITPEQ/PNE and compute when the active scan line will start. It shouldn't take too many lines of code.

The 24 input pins could also be used for other purposes, particularly if you latch them with 8-bit latches. You could even use transparent latches (like the 74HC373) that would follow their input signals as long as they're enabled, then latch the last setting when they're disabled (to read the ADCs).
    edited 2007-08-05 01:38
    OK Mike......your mind is too·much for me yeah.gif ...let me try to know if I understand well.

2- Is correct, now I understand it well....perfect !!

F- In your last comment, you are suggesting me to use some latches (three), at the outputs of the A/D....just I have·them, and they are 74AC573, and I can controll the OE of them, to get all 24 pins of the prop, free·to be used as "driver" for the slaves .... is this your suggest·?... and I·will add another latch, to the "slaves bus" too. So sometime I will fill the buffer with "data frame", and sometime I will send it to the slaves.

Answers -1- and -3- and NOT understood for me... confused.gif
    Lets talk about -3- first....the idea is ok...but what do you mean, when you talk about "compute when the active scan line will start" ???????
    I understand that first, I detect the Hsync, and then, I will wait for some "constant time" to begin sampling data.
    The answer -3- is similar, that...I can't see...how do you make a relation between "time as variable" and the Hsync detected in the same, or another COG ??????

And I add a -4- question...
    4- If in the first dummy sample·(before the first pixel) can take anywhere from 7 to 22 clock cycles....What about this delay in the·followings·sampled lines ????? after the followings H syncro pulses.
    If it will be different, I will have the digital video signal,·with some lines displaced·in "H" side.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-05 06:25
    3) I just mean that you have to take the system clock when the Hsync is detected and add the time to the active scan line as you said

2F) I'm talking about new latches ... input from Propeller ... output to Slaves. During the unused scan lines, the Propeller can send information to the slaves through the latches.

4) This is a small problem ... There may be some jitter in relation to the Hsync pulse edge ... If that's not tolerable, you could buffer the scan line in the cog's memory instead and that would eliminate the jitter issue.
    edited 2007-08-05 15:28
    Hi Mike...Thanks so much for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it's ok....sorry...like I said before, sometimes English is difficult for me to understand in this issues. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    -3- is OK, -F- is OK.
    And in the -4-.... I was not wrong....maybe I must check, how much this jitter affects the video, and then take some decitions about what to do.
    I was thinking before to use COG memory too, to avoid that, and then, in unsampled lines send the data to main memory. I will need to get only a 15fps video, so I think I will have enough time to do all. Maybe one frame sampled, and then three frames more to do the transfers to the rest of the electronics.

In the case to save data to COG memory....How to address an array in this memory ?????·Is that·in the prop manual ???

Thanks so much all !! you were·a big help !!
    I'll keep posted in this too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-05 16:28
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about ... I tried to post it as an attachment, but I'm having problems doing so ...
    ' This assumes that I/O pins 0-23 are connected through tri-state buffers
    ' to the ADCs with the low-true output enable connected to I/O pin 26.
    ' I/O pins 0-23 are also connected to the inputs of transparent latches
    ' whose low-true (transparent if high, hold last value if low) clock is
    ' connected to I/O pin 27.  Pin 24 is connected to the high-true H-sync
    ' and Pin 25 is connected to the high-true V-sync.

' For this illustration, transparent latch pins 16-23 are the data lines.
    ' Transparent latch pin 0 is the clock for R, pin 1 is the clock for G,
    ' and pin 2 is the clock for B (all active high).

Scan        mov        grpCnt,#groups     ' Number of groups of 8 lines / frame
                waitpne    vsyncMask,#0       ' Wait for 0-1 edge of vertical sync
                waitpeq    vsyncMask,#0       ' Wait for 1-0 edge
    activeLine  waitpne    hsyncMask,#0       ' Wait for 0-1 edge of horizontal sync
                waitpeq    hsyncMask,#0       ' Wait for 1-0 edge
                mov        time,cnt           ' Compute active scan line start
                add        time,startScan
                movd       storePixel,#buffer ' Initialize pointer
                mov        pixelCnt,#96       ' Initialize pixel count
                mov        dira,adcDirMsk     ' Make ADC lines inputs
                mov        outa,adcMask       ' Set ADC enable to LOW (enabled)
    getPixel    waitcnt    time,pixelTime     ' Wait for first pixel
    storePixel  mov        0-0,ina            ' Get a pixel
                add        storePixel,incDest ' Increment pointer
                djnz       pixelCnt,#getPixel ' Go on to next pixel
                mov        outa,adcDirMsk     ' Set ADC enable to HIGH (disabled)
                mov        dira,latchDir      ' Now set up for transparent latches
                mov        outa,latchEna      ' Pins 0-23 now outputs to slaves
                movs       fetchPixel,#buffer ' Initialize pointer
                mov        lineCnt,#7
    inactive    waitpne    hsyncMask,#0       ' Wait for 0-1 edge
                waitpeq    hsyncMask,#0       ' Wait for 1-0 edge

' Here we have at least 25us to process part of the data
    ' We use only the last 4 scan lines to transfer the data
    ' to the slaves.  We could use the first 3 dummy scan lines
    ' to do some kind of processing if we need to do so.

cmp        lineCnt,#5         ' Only need 4 scan lines to do this
         if_nc  jmp        #nextLine
                mov        pixelCnt,#24       ' Easily do 24 pixels per scan line
    fetchPixel  mov        pixel,0-0          ' Get a pixel from the buffer
                add        fetchPixel,#1      ' Increment pointer
                mov        clockBit,#%100
    nextByte    mov        temp,pixel         ' Isolate one color at a time
                and        temp,outputMsk
                shl        pixel,#8
                or         temp,latchEna      ' Put value out
                mov        outa,temp
                xor        outa,clockBit      ' Clock the value
                xor        outa,clockBit
                shr        clockBit,#1     wz ' On to the next byte
         if_nz  jmp        #nextByte
                djnz       pixelCnt,#fetchPixel

nextLine    djnz       lineCnt,#inactive  ' Wait for next H Sync
                djnz       grpCnt,#activeLine ' Wait for next group of lines
    Scan_ret    ret

hsyncMask   long       %00000001_00000000_00000000_00000000
    vsyncMask   long       %00000010_00000000_00000000_00000000
    adcDirMsk   long       %00001100_00000000_00000000_00000000
    adcMask     long       %00001000_00000000_00000000_00000000
    latchDir    long       %00001100_11111111_11111111_11111111
    latchEna    long       %00000100_00000000_00000000_00000000
    outputMsk   long       %00000000_11111111_00000000_00000000
    clockBit    long       0
    time        long       0
    startScan   long       80                 ' System clocks to active line (1us?)
    pixelCnt    long       0
    pixelTime   long       21                 ' System clocks per pixel (262ns)
    incDest     long       1 << 9             ' Used to increment destination
    lineCnt     long       0
    grpCnt      long       0
    pixel       long       0
    temp        long       0

buffer      res        96                 ' Pixel buffer

edited 2007-08-05 17:15
    Oh !! very impressive !!!
    Thanks so much MIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumpin.gif
    Please, don't feel bad, if I will take several days/weeks to "analize" or "understand" all your code !!, It seems to be almost all necesary to do the job.
    I will ask some about of this code...when I'll have·some doubts.

Really you're great in programming.!!·Thanks again !!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
    edited 2007-08-05 21:03
    I just noticed that the R/G/B inputs based on the way I labeled the clocks for the slaves is: R - pins 7-0, G - pins 15-8, B - pins 23-16.
    edited 2007-08-05 21:20
    Hi Mike.

OK, but you are supposing that I've 8 differents bits/each slave,·eight for R·eight for G and·eight for B, but it is not my reality....

Since I still not posted some of my code in "Multipropeller board thread" you don't know ...how it is working !!

I will post some code early, to know that, for all forum people too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.