Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
in today's mail, August Circuit Cellar, Chris Cantrell's Text Adventure Gaming — Parallax Forums

in today's mail, August Circuit Cellar, Chris Cantrell's Text Adventure Gaming

Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
edited 2007-08-25 16:47 in Propeller 1
Sd card, prop demo board, plus a text adventure editor.

Comments

• mcstarmcstar Posts: 144
    edited 2007-08-03 15:42
    Is there a download for this?
  • SkogsgurraSkogsgurra Posts: 231
    edited 2007-08-03 20:49
    Yes, but at a small cost. Go to

http://www.circuitcellar.com/magazine/

There is a table of contents and a box to fill in if you want an article from the Circuit Cellar Magazine

It is interesting to see Steve active after so many years. I remember reading his articles in BYTE Magazine many years ago.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-03 22:14
    ftp.circuitcellar.com is open for anonymous access, however you will want the article as the game is designed with a java program written by the author, however it does look like there's a compiled .bin file. (still have to test)

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-08-04 01:03
    Skogsgurra said...
    Yes, but at a small cost. Go to

http://www.circuitcellar.com/magazine/

There is a table of contents and a box to fill in if you want an article from the Circuit Cellar Magazine

It is interesting to see Steve active after so many years. I remember reading his articles in BYTE Magazine many years ago.

When Steve left Byte, he started CC. I've been reading·CC·from issue 1 about 20 years ago. (And never bought another Byte, either. Dr.Dobbs joined that dustbin this past year -- terminal Msoftie Disease --, but CircuitCellar remains.)·
    edited 2007-08-04 05:57
    So that's where he has been hiding all these years!

Looks like Byte didn't survive long after he left. Steve will certainly find good use for the propeller. He is that kind of a guy.

Time for a subscription!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2007-08-04 06:10
    Sweet. I wrote a silly text adventure game that runs in an 8K Atmel; if they ever get a C compiler out for the Prop maybe I'll port it.
    edited 2007-08-04 09:55
    Gotta tellya! Two year's CC doesn't take you back more than USD 30. Very good articles. Like Byte in the good old times. Problem: Full of ads with lots of little interesting devices. Those will probably be where the big outlays will be :-(

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2007-08-04 12:36
    They have cds of the back issues, 30 magazines each. The full set 1988-2006 of eleven disks will set you back $170, but it sure does take up less space.

http://www.circuitcellar.com/archives/backissuescd.html
    edited 2007-08-25 15:44
    Circuit Cellar September 2007 issue : Tom Cantrell on the Hydra. It took him 4 months to go through the material, likes it fine. No surprises here.
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-08-25 16:47
    Another article describes an application with a nice 50 MHz ARM board featuring a tiny OLED display, for $49,- www.luminarymicro.com/products/eki-lm3s811_evaluation_kit.html