Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Are there any new Propeller books due to come out soon? — Parallax Forums

Are there any new Propeller books due to come out soon?

TonyATonyA Posts: 226
edited 2007-08-02 04:12 in Propeller 1
Just wondering. It would be nice to have an in-depth tutorial style book for Spin.

The manual is well written, but doesn't really get into stuff. It seems to just briefly describe most things.

I was spoiled by the BasicStamp. I guess since things are relatively new we'll see more stuff come out.

Post Edited (TonyA) : 8/1/2007 12:11:21 AM GMT

Comments

• Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2007-08-01 15:49
    Hi TonyA,

If you haven't already, dig into the PE Kit Labs even if you are using a different platform (there's a sticky-thread for them at the top of the forum).· Your Propeller skills may·be more advanced than the labs already posted, but·Andy has many more outlined and will get back to writing when he's done with his summer BASIC Stamp Educator's Course teacher-travels.···If there is a specific programming topic you'd like to see introduced in a future lab,·just let us know.· We love feedback!

There is book by another author in the early writing stages as well,·which will feature Proto Board projects.· I don't have a timeline on that one yet but be sure I will post news as it is available.

-Stephanie Lindsay

Editor, Parallax Inc.
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 226
    edited 2007-08-01 16:01
    Hi,

Sounds great. I'll check through the PE Kit Labs. Thanks again.

TOny
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-08-01 21:47
    Tony...

I am writing a book on Propeller Assembly... it will be free, but don't hold your breath.

Rich
    edited 2007-08-02 00:38
    Rich,

Very cool.

(Just a thought) If you're writing a book on Prop ASM, it would probably be easy for you to write one on Spin, you should sell the Spin book though, it would probably sell well.

Tony
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-08-02 01:46
    I'm not much for code, but I've been working on a way to get my hardware materials organized into a format which could be published in some form. I was even thinking as far a lulu.com as it might be nice to have a formatted, printed book.

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
    edited 2007-08-02 02:15
    Hi,

What kind of hardware?

Tony
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2007-08-02 04:12
    Oldbitcollector said...
    I'm not much for code, but I've been working on a way to get my hardware materials organized into a format which could be published in some form. I was even thinking as far a lulu.com as it might be nice to have a formatted, printed book.

Oldbitcollector

TonyA said...
    What kind of hardware?
    Old bits of hardware, obviously. tongue.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney