Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller ??? i just don't know !!! — Parallax Forums

Propeller ??? i just don't know !!!

Franz AchatzFranz Achatz Posts: 140
edited 2007-08-01 01:59 in Propeller 1
Freaks,

i don't know what person invented the mechanical propeller,
maybe wiki helps, but i do know that Parallax invented the "silicon propeller".

What a nice machine smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif· WHOWWWW.

60 days·ago i did not know what a Parallax Propeller is confused.gif sorry about that.
I was a Atmel-user all the·years, but now..... everything changes.

have fun
Franz

·

Comments

• Franz AchatzFranz Achatz Posts: 140
    edited 2007-07-31 20:31
    maybe its: Archimedes, Da Vinci, Chip but please do NOT forget my friend Steve Wozniak in this listing !!!
    Steve is the inventor of the PC back in 1974, i had a lot of fun with him last year in doing my A-ONE Project (Apple 1 Replica),
    and i still love his Apple 1 Integer BASIC what running at my A-ONE machine.

best regards
    Franz
  • SkogsgurraSkogsgurra Posts: 231
    edited 2007-07-31 21:47
    I feel very honored. The guy that "invented" the propeller is a Swede! Name John Ericsson.
    ·
    Actually, he did not invent the "screw". It had existed for millenniums in the shape of windmill wings, water (Archimedes) screws, screws for wine and oil presses etcetera. But he applied it to propulsion of ships. And that was a very successful application. His ship, aptly named "Monitor", won over the "Merrimac" at Hampton Roads and that was a very influential moment in US history.
    ·
    We have visited Battery Park in NYC where there is a statue of John Ericsson. We had a very special reason to do so; my wife is a descendant from Ericsson and there are Ericssons in the family since 1774. This is of no consequence whatsoever, but it surely is a nice thing to contemplate.
    ·
    Have a look at http://www.johnericsson.org/ and note the symbol in the upper left corner. Not so unlike the Propeller as we know it. Only, there is no cap...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2007-08-01 01:59
    Skoggs,
    Just on your point - www.radio.cz/en/article/33185 and more here http://www.irvineayrshire.org/propeller.htm·maybe there is an outstanding patent issue ! LOL

Regards,
    QuattroRS4

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Necessity is the mother of invention'

Post Edited (QuattroRS4) : 8/1/2007 2:04:55 AM GMT