Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I want to use boot EEPROM for data storage — Parallax Forums

I want to use boot EEPROM for data storage

Terry GTerry G Posts: 2
edited 2007-07-31 11:23 in Propeller 1
I have only been working the the Prop for a short time. Have had lots of BS2 experience plus a little ML experience with the 6502. I need an object that will do the same thing as the "WRITE" and "READ" commands as used with the BS2 to read and write data to and from·the boot EEPROM. I found the I2C objects in the object exchange, but have also found them to be confusing and·very difficult·to use. You guys have a very good thing with the BS2 family, I would really like to see a multi-cog version of the BS2. Could someone there at Parallax write more objects that will offer the propeller beginner some familiar commands that function exactly like the tried and true BS2 basic?·I really like the BS2_functions objects. What I need is a complete set of BS2 function objects.

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-07-30 01:34
    Terry G,
    Here is an object I'm working on for the Prop Dongle.
    It's not completely tested, but so far it seems to work fine.
    Sorry no examples yet.
    If you're not too concerned with speed, just use the WritexxxAt and ReadxxxAt routines.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Teacher: What is the difference between ignorance and apathy ?
    Student: I don't know and I don't care
    Teacher: Correct !
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.hittconsulting.com

Post Edited (Bean (Hitt Consulting)) : 7/31/2007 1:31:28 PM GMT
  • crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2007-07-31 11:23
    I have had good experiances wih Mike's "Basic I2C Driver" found in the object exchange. The ReadPage and WritePage should work well for you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My Blog: Prog | Electro | Mech

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident. I was thinking "What the heck is this guy doing?"