Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Assembler — Parallax Forums

Assembler

LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
edited 2007-07-26 17:42 in Propeller 1
I can't seem to find a standalone assembler for the Prop, I'm sure I remember one being available. Can someone please tell me where it is? I want to try the new Java simulator.

Leon

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM
Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-26 16:09
    Here's the thread with the links: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=611536.

When looking for Propeller stuff, start with the "sticky threads", particularly the one now labelled "Announcement and Miscellaneous Propeller stickies"
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2007-07-26 16:54
    Thanks, Mike. I tried the Sticky thread and searching, but couldn't find it.

I've downloaded it but there is no executable. Has anyone got a makefile? There are rather a lot of files in different directories and no makefile or any instructions on building it.

Leon

I just found the executable and it seems to work OK. I can now try out that new simulator.

Leon

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM
    Suzuki SV1000S motorcycle

Post Edited (Leon) : 7/26/2007 5:39:39 PM GMT
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-07-26 16:56
    Always use http://search.parallax.com to search. The search button accessible on the forum page isn't worth the space it occupies on the server's hard drive.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-07-26 17:14
    I've never once had the forum search deliver anything that mattered.

We've got newbies asking where to search, and users of all kinds confused over which search and finally some confused at the good search tool in general.

That's a fair number of questions being asked on a regular basis. Enough to warrant a coupla small changes, IMHO.

If it were me, I would do the following:

Redirect the forum search button to the search.parallax.com URL. Have it pop open a new browser window, so users don't lose their forums.parallax.com context.

On that search page, put the Parallax logo image there, to cut back on the "am I in the right place?" questions that come from that page as it stands right now.

Utilize the empty space for some pointers and a quick explanation of how things work --or don't work, in the case of the forum search tool.

On second thought, another set of pointers to adjust doesn't make any real sense. I would put a few search links (clickable with search already done) that address FAQ issues. That way, people can hit the search button, understand what they are getting and that they are indeed at the right place, and if they are really new, likely bonk on one of the canned searches to learn more. Being search links, they will follow content changes here, so it's an outta sight outta mind value add kind of thing.

Call it the Parallax top 10 (for fun put 11 links on there, starting from link 0 --bada boom!)

eg:

Where are the good Propeller discussions? -- There is a lot of good Propeller related discussions in the Parallax forum. Use this search to locate some thread indexes that contain links to follow and read.

That might not be the best search to put there, but it does show how a user could end up on the search page, and get an idea of what kinds of searches do what.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!

Post Edited (potatohead) : 7/26/2007 5:23:28 PM GMT
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-07-26 17:24
    Yeah we've put the request in for the redirection, it's just that IT is rather busy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-07-26 17:42
    Cool!

You know, there are worse problems to have!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!