Propeller simulator in java

2»

Comments

• kittmasterkittmaster Posts: 77
    edited 2007-12-10 18:22
    go to the folder you unzipped the files to and find the path:

\pPropellerSim\dist

double click on pPropellerSim.jar

and it will run......java is weird like that, but this file is an executable .jar file and will run like any windows app
  • AleAle Posts: 2,363
    edited 2007-12-10 20:27
    mosquito56: It says 0 downloads for some time, later starts to show some other number. You just go to the downloads and select the latest file (in this case pPropellerSim-0.8). I downloaded it without problems... As I posted it today, the mirrors take a while to... well, mirror smile.gif. btw, it does not produce video output, of any kind.

Sapeiha: I'll see into that.

Paul: He (Sapeiha) is refering to the cycle counter (CNT), that in this instance is displayed as decimal.... the Hex above has indeed fixed size.

kittmaster: You are right with regard to the contrast, the colors, well some of them, can be changed in the config file. I still have to make a dialog to change them. I'll see into that.
  • mosquito56mosquito56 Posts: 387
    edited 2007-12-11 00:35
    ok, thanx kitmaster, I am now an official jarhead, able to open .jar programs with a single click.

· I got the 8 downloaded and saved an example from the manual that turns leds on and off. Blinkerone.binary. Compiled and saved as .binary. Loaded program and tried run. Only cnt changes. I tried reload and step thru. Nothing. I must be doing something wrong.

BTW: 1 small bugs I noticed and one irritation.
    1.Propellor is mispelled in the open propellor tool binary.
    2. When you open a file it starts at the root. I have to click 15 times to get where my files are. Just a suggestion but couldn't you make it open either at the last opened posistion or in the pproller dir?

·Thanx as always for the help, switching back to gear in the meantime.
    Don

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mosquito: An animal which buzzes in your ear and never stops. He may byte you, he may nibble you, but you will know you were bit.
    edited 2007-12-11 06:25
    Mosquito: Please read the documentation included.
    edited 2008-01-02 13:00
    Another small update (0.8.2).

Copy HUB RAM to COG RAM (I'll add LFSR functions as soon as I get how to implement them).
    Colors are configurable
    Autosave of source before compilation is configurable.

Habe fun

Ale
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2008-01-03 00:26
    I remember GEAR. I wonder whatever happened to that development.
    Shame that isn't updated anymore. Maybe this will pickup where GEAR left off?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Share the knowledge: propeller.wikispaces.com
    Lets make some music: www.andrewarsenault.com/hss

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-01-03 00:52
    I think asterick felt he hit a wall with GEAR, he was attempting to get the SPIN code to appear as it would in the Tool, but needed a list/symbolic file output by the compiler to make it happen. Since we didn't have the resources at Parallax to do it, I think his interest waned. This is all speculation, he didn't explain why he disappeared, but all this happened around the same time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-01-03 00:53
    Ale, there seems to an issue with this snippet
    NEG dira ,#1
    DJNZ outa, #$
    JMP #0

A JUMP on itself..
    It compiles correctly.

F4, F5 is not working, still under construction?
  • mirrormirror Posts: 322
    edited 2008-01-03 02:50
    Ym2413a said...
    I remember GEAR. I wonder whatever happened to that development.
    Shame that isn't updated anymore. Maybe this will pickup where GEAR left off?
    asterick did seem to drop off the group all of a sudden - not long after I joined the group. I downloaded his source code, and added a couple of things.·C# is not overly familiar to me, so I've only struggled my way through to add some more features that I wanted. Probably it's biggest limitation is that it is Windows only (by the experience of Mac and Linux users out there). Seems C# is not a portable as might be expected. There is other stuff I would like to·add - but don't have·much free time, and I'm not very familiar with the GUI component interface in C#.

I use GEAR whenever I want to get an idea on high speed interactions and timing between cogs. The multi-cog simulation is quite good, but you'll probably need to write special test snippets of code as GEAR is quite slow.
    ·
    edited 2008-01-03 08:50
    deSilva:

Ja the code compiles... incorrectly: It should bomb on djnz outa,#$ because there are no digits after '$', and zero is assumed, so It will jump to position 0. I'll add just one '$' as the current position (I did not do that before).

more to do smile.gif

Edit: Well it is fixed, so new release 0.8.3 is available. The mirrors may need a bit to well mirror smilewinkgrin.gif

Post Edited (Ale) : 1/3/2008 9:37:14 AM GMT
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2008-01-03 16:21
    Hmmm. It didn't do that in step mode....
    And - suspecting such possibility I think I also compiled a binary and loaded it with the sam results.... I'll check with the new version...
    edited 2008-07-01 08:32
    Hei,

I made some improvements to my pPropellerSim and as I cannot upload for the time being to sourceforge (it needs webdav and I'm behind proxy... it does not work)

PLEASE: Read the documentation before you use it because there where some changes to the assembler.

Have fun

Ale
    edited 2008-07-01 19:10
    Hi All,

Well, it is up at sourceforge now.

Have fun

Ale
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2008-07-01 20:48
    Nice package Ale.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔