Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Class Project... — Parallax Forums

Class Project...

NDudeNDude Posts: 4
edited 2007-07-25 23:38 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I have my class project due in a little over a month...I Work all day and have no time to water my tomatoes...I thought this might be a great project for my basic stamp....I'm going to have to use a better motor though in order to get the water to spash out of the tank....I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the 4-phase /12 volt motor is continuous rotating?· I basically need a motor to spin when I say to spin and stop when i say to stop....Also i'm going to need to add a timer and the crystal that goes with it....i was thinking that it would be nice to add an LCD and perhaps even a Solar panal.....Is all this possible with the Basic Stamp Homework board???? Also if i do get this project going is their a place that i can down load the info to connect and make it all work???Thanks for the Help....
Nicholas Dudek

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2007-07-25 07:34
    NDude -

Here is most of it in a nutshell, a solar panel and a submersible pump as one unit. First go to here:
    http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm

then search for item number: 93065

All you will need to do is interrupt the positive side of the solar panel when you DON'T want the pump to operate.

Alternatively, here is a miniature piston pump for less than $ 5.00 USD:
    http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HAR&Product_Code=TM89PMP5655

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • NDudeNDude Posts: 4
    edited 2007-07-25 19:58
    Bruce,
    Thanks for the help...I tried the lind for the 93065...but it isn't quite what I had in mind....I was thinking more of a motor that worked when I gave it a signal too....I think the bottum link might have be what i'm looking for....Could i hook up a solar panel to that and program it the same way??? Thanks again for the help...
    ~Nick
    edited 2007-07-25 20:00
    Oh, and does it hook up to the breadboard the same way? i don't want to fry anything...
    thanks
    edited 2007-07-25 23:38
    Alright, Sorry If I'm annoying you....I checked at the local Radio Shack and they have a 1.5-3.0vdc motor and a 9-18vdc motor....they are basically model motors i was thinking of using one for my project....i know the book said to be careful but how do i know what to use...one has.18-.25A and the other has 1.98A....does that really matter? Since it only has two brackets for wires i'm assuming that i hook it up as high/low.....it will not be sumersable....but i'm going to just extend tubing into the water and have the motor in a floater......as for the solar cells....it is a great idea but again i have no idea how to hook it all up and to program it to work.....i was also thinking of a timer so the motor comes on at specific times only....but no programming details could be found....I don't feel like i'm getting over my head on this, i'm just curious what will work and how to program it......Plus, i really want to be able to get my parts over the counter vice ordering online......thanks again to anyone that helps...
    ~Nick