Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Digital Voice Recorder Circuits — Parallax Forums

Digital Voice Recorder Circuits

HoangTran83HoangTran83 Posts: 52
edited 2007-08-10 04:39 in General Discussion
Has anyone ever built a Digital Voice Recorder??· I Want to build one but cannot find any schematics or information on it.··If someone can point me in the right direction that would be·great.· Thanks!!

·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-24 20:29
    Quadravox makes several small recorders that can be driven from any microcontroller. The QV306 used to be sold by Parallax for use with the Stamps. They now make a QV606 which is very similar, but uses MP3 for recording (www.tetraphon.com/QVFrames.htm). The QV306 uses a chip from Winbond (www.winbond.com/hq/enu/ProductAndSales/ProductLines/mCAndmC-basedConsumerIC/ISDVoiceIC/ISD+ChipCorder/). Winbond has datasheets and application notes for their products that can help you make your own.

The Propeller Demo Board has the hardware on it to record and playback sound, but the memory is limited.
  • HoangTran83HoangTran83 Posts: 52
    edited 2007-08-02 18:50
    I did some research and found some circuit diagrams for the digital voice record.· I will be using the AD Converter·and·fash·memory for recording and DA converter for playback.· Which microcontroller do you guys·recomend, The propeller or the SX??·And also,· How would i interface the ADC, DAC, and flash memory to the microcontroller, I've try searching but could not find any circuit diagram!! please help, thanks.·
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-08-02 19:14
    Either the Propeller or the SX could do the job.

How to do the interfacing depends on what parts you want to use and which processor. There are examples in the Propeller Object Exchange for interfacing ADCs to the Propeller. The connection diagram or description is usually included with the source program as comments.

Usually, when you give a specific question, you are more likely to get a specific suggestion. When you ask general questions, you can only get a general answer since there are many ways to do almost anything.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,941
    edited 2007-08-02 19:21
    Have you considered a WinBond ISD chip? These take care of the A2D and storage for you; all you have to do is connect a host.
  • DosManDanDosManDan Posts: 179
    edited 2007-08-08 08:19
    You might want to look at the completed project I did using an ISD4004 16 minute voice recording chip.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=659734

DosMan
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2007-08-08 11:27
    My first project was a talking video clock - almost 2 years back.

http://www.sxvm.com/

(older site - about 1/2 down - customer applications)

However, here is the latest SX video module site (along with other great items from Hitt Consulting (Bean):

http://www.hittconsulting.com/

Good luck.
  • HoangTran83HoangTran83 Posts: 52
    edited 2007-08-10 04:39
    thanks for the inputs everyone!!