Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VGA High-Res Text Driver v1.1 - Output Issues — Parallax Forums

VGA High-Res Text Driver v1.1 - Output Issues

Nick WaldvogelNick Waldvogel Posts: 71
edited 2007-07-22 15:44 in Propeller 1
I will post the code that I am using when I get to a computer that has the code.·
·
This is my problem that I am having.· This program that I am trying using has video out, keyboard in,· and a DS1302 in and out.· The program at this time just shows the current up to the sec time.· It loads and starts out fine but between 10-15 sec the screen will start to fill with what you would see on a tv screen as snow and then fills the screen with 6 lines of multiple colors going horizontally across the screen. At that point it will stay that way, stop sending signal altogether, and a few times it restarted on it’s own after is stalled.·
·
I am using the demo board and after a few times I noticed that the leds will all light up when it starts to snow on the screen!··· I know it’s hard to figure this out without the code but I am hoping someone might have seen this in the past and point me in the right direction.· I will post the code as soon as I get to it and thanks for any help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-21 22:55
    This is a sign that your program is writing over itself due to some kind of bug. You'll need to attach your source code to your reply so that others can have a look at it.
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2007-07-22 15:44
    Nick, I haven't seen your code yet, but I would guess that your program is probably calling another method,· Each time you cycle the program, the address to the called method is stored.· The Prop can only store so many addresses, after which it goes balmy.· My modified program has been running for almost 45 minutes with no problems.· I solved the stack overflow problem by putting everything in a repeat loop.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.

That is why they call it the present.

Don't have VGA?
    Newzed@aol.com
    ·