Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mobile Prop Demo Board (in 3d?) — Parallax Forums

Mobile Prop Demo Board (in 3d?)

RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
edited 2007-07-21 22:15 in Propeller 1
In the photo you can see a USB powered Propeller demo board connected to USB powered 3D visor·via VGA connector.· So, I can work (play) with Spin code when I go to Europe soon (and don't have to worry about extra power adaptors for anything).· It's all powered by the laptop.

Only trouble is that the display (eMagin Z800) is really only 800x600.· However, it somehow shows most of the 1024x768 VGA display with some of the left and bottom cut off a bit.

Anybody seen a 800x600 60 Hz example?· I found a 75 Hz example, but the visor didn't like it...

Also, I'm thinking that I could run two instances of "vga" object at 800x600 and get them to take turns with the VGA port.· I think this would be the equivalent of page flipping.· Then, I could have a real 3D video display from the Propeller...·

Ray
1280 x 960 - 183K

Comments

• potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-07-21 18:51
    Well, rather than page flip, you could just do some tests to find out where it is displaying. From there, just set up your screen addressing to map the two buffers in a way that makes sense and go from there.

The two images I see are different.

So just map real memory to the elements actually visible, and display nothing elsewhere.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Propeller Wiki: Share the coolness!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2007-07-21 19:33
    Both images are currently the same, if you hold the visor up to your face.· From a distance, the lenses magnify different parts of the screen...
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-07-21 20:27
    Rayman said...
    Both images are currently the same, if you hold the visor up to your face.· From a distance, the lenses magnify different parts of the screen...

Ah, so. I was wondering what those images were! So, what the photo shows is only a portion of what the wearer would view. And not necessarily the same area as the wearer's eyes would see.

Are they comfortable after long use; like hours? Both to the eyes and ears/nose?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-07-21 20:41
    Here is a question about the glasses, can you run two seperate displays for true 3D? How much did these glasses cost? Where did you get them??

Inquiring minds want to know.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 14,162
    edited 2007-07-21 20:49
    Glasses are actually for 3D gaming with a PC.· I've played Half-Life 2 and it's pretty cool...· They are from www.eMagin.com or www.3dvisor.com·

They are very comfortable.· However, in 3D mode your brain gets tired after a while...

I don't remember exactly what I paid...· Think it was $800, maybe less.· But, it looks like they want $1200 for them now...

Note that with a PC, you only get into 3D mode with NVidia graphics cards...

Ray
    ·
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-07-21 21:37
    For anyone interested in TV versions for about $100 search on ebay.

Graham
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-07-21 22:15
    This is probably a stupid question, but for the TV ones on ebay, what would I search for?