Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
problem w/ new spin stamp — Parallax Forums

problem w/ new spin stamp

ratronicratronic Posts: 1,451
edited 2007-07-20 22:07 in Propeller 1
I am hooking up a new spin stamp and I can't get any of the I/O lines to go high and low. They just stay low all
the time. I have connected both vss pins together on the chip and am using a new fresh 9v rechargeable on the
vin pin. I get the regulated 5v volts out the vdd pin. It will accept a program either to ram or eeprom as the lights blink on the prop plug blink and I can see the data in and out w/ a scope. The reset line line also has a momentary pulse on it at start of programming. Am I missing something maybe? Attached is the program I am testing with and have also tryed the heartbeat program. Also does anybody know if a spin stamp w/ the prop clip attached will still have room to plug to plug into a bread board or does the prop clip take to much room for the pins on spinstamp to plug onto a breadboard? I am using a prop plug w/ 4 pin header soldered to chip and verified
it is plugged in the right way.·Any sugestions???··Thanks Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Fix it if ain't broke·
D Rat

Dave Ratcliff· N6YEE

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-07-20 21:08
    The problem you are experiencing is that you are trying to run the chip at 160 MHz, the onboard oscillator is 10 MHz, not 5. So you need to use PLL8x in your _clkmode statement.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • ratronicratronic Posts: 1,451
    edited 2007-07-20 22:07
    Thanks Paul , if it was a snake it would have bit me!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Fix it if ain't broke·
    D Rat

Dave Ratcliff· N6YEE