Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Grey screen when using SCART? — Parallax Forums

Grey screen when using SCART?

RedNifreRedNifre Posts: 84
edited 2007-07-21 14:35 in Propeller 1
I'm currently using a SCART adapter to connect the Hydra to a TV (not mine, tube TV, PAL), which has no chinch plugs.
Some strange things happen:
- The screen is in greyscale
- there are fine vertical lines
- there are three coloured lines on the top of the screen (blue, green red)

This very rarely happens on my own TV (flat screen, PAL), but usually I just have to reset the Hydra and it's back to color. However, on this TV, reseting has no effect, it looks always like that.
This is not really a problem, because I won't use that TV in the future, but why is it happening? (I guess it has something to do with the SCART adaptor, but I don't really know)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hydra in a LEGO NES:
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=654788

Post Edited (RedNifre) : 7/20/2007 7:21:52 PM GMT
1280 x 1024 - 217K
1280 x 1024 - 212K
1280 x 1024 - 249K

Comments

• edited 2007-07-20 23:52
    Did you check the crystal on the Hydra? sometimes it's that.

P.S what is that bild001.png picture of? is that a mario thing or something?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Realize that I am really a mad scientist··· and

Don't forget it!

http://raydillon.com/Images/Illustration/GameArt/WildIsle/WildIsle-Ink-ScientistClose.jpg

·
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-07-21 14:35
    does this TV have trouble showing any Composite NTSC image through SCART and converting into colour PAL image, as a lot of the older PAL tube TV's tended to just show NTSC images over composite as B&W images.
    Maybe it's clock timing, not being able to sync to the colour burst, I don't know I'm not overly technical on the hardware side, but I do know that when I used to make NTSC versions of my games, we had to get the expensive TV's that could display NTSC in colour, as the ones we had originally were only showing it in B&W.

Hope this helps,
    Baggers.