Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
any downloadable programs? — Parallax Forums

any downloadable programs?

rudeboy66rudeboy66 Posts: 2
edited 2007-07-19 16:42 in Learn with BlocklyProp
hey guys i just got the boe bot as a gift but i dont really want to spend hours programming this thing.. anyone have a script or something i can just plug into the bot to make it work with the infra red eyes and everything?· thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-19 02:16
    Start with the Stamps in Class tutorial here: www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/edu/RoboticsV2_2.pdf.

Parallax always has documents including sample programs linked from the webstore page for the product. Check there first!
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2007-07-19 02:23
    Many of the texts don't have the programs linked because educator's want students to type it in for the learning process (lot of errors to fix!). An alternate method is go to the Boe-bot's home page, open the PDF and copy and paste from the text to the editor.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28832

-Martin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    StampPlot - GUI and Plotting, and XBee Wireless Adapters
    Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Electronic Systems Technologies
  • rudeboy66rudeboy66 Posts: 2
    edited 2007-07-19 07:27
    hmm. i checked it out but that would still require going through the whole manual to see which texts i need for where.. if anyone has it all ready to go i'd appreciate it... sorry to sound lazy and not share the passion you guys have for this stuff.. its just i have so many projects im working on and this isnt really my expertise, i want to enjoy the robot without programming him yeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gif
  • Skywalker49Skywalker49 Posts: 172
    edited 2007-07-19 15:13
    RB,

you missed the point, enjoying a robot is building and programming it.

good luck,
    Ed
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-19 16:42
    The BoeBot is not a finished "toy". It's designed and sold as an educational product to learn about robotics and robotics programming and construction. At the very least, you'll have to go through the forums and tutorials to find the pieces you want to use, then compile and download them. For a start, you will need to "calibrate" the wheel servos which is done with one of the programs in the Robotics tutorial. You might also look at the tutorial on IR programming with the BoeBot since it includes a program that makes the BoeBot wander around a space avoiding obstacles using the IR sensors to detect them.