Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Square brackets missing in posted code — Parallax Forums

Square brackets missing in posted code

kenmackenmac Posts: 96
edited 2007-07-17 06:47 in Propeller 1
When I posted some code which included array numbers in square brackets , the brackets and number were not shown in the final post.
What am I doing wrong here?
Is there a trick to displaying square brackets?

kenmac

Comments

• CardboardGuruCardboardGuru Posts: 443
    edited 2007-07-17 04:50
    See the "mCode Help" on the posting page. The numbers 1 to 5 in square brackets are interpreted as different font sizes. The trick to avoid this is to place a space in the square brackets before the number. Or for longer pieces of code, attach it as a file.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Help to build the Propeller wiki - propeller.wikispaces.com
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-17 04:50
    Some of the numbers in square brackets mean something to the forum software. Some single letters do also (like "i"). I put a space after the opening bracket and another space before the closing bracket (for show) and that works fine.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-07-17 05:02
    Another trick is to replace each "[noparse][[/noparse]" with "[". My code formatter at www.phipi.com/format will do this for you. One caveat, though: if you edit your post, you will have to reformat the code, because the html literals get converted back to actual characters when the editor window gets displayed again. The best thing to do is leave a space for the code and insert it at the last moment, before you hit "Submit" the final time.

-Phil
  • kenmackenmac Posts: 96
    edited 2007-07-17 06:47
    Thanks for the info guys.

kenmac

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Perth, Western Australia
    Time Zone = GMT + 8