Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Other resources? — Parallax Forums

Other resources?

m1nutemanm1nuteman Posts: 6
edited 2007-07-16 16:50 in Propeller 1
Hello,
Are there any other programming resources available apart from the Propeller Manual and this forum? Books or websites maybe? I've gone through the tutorials but am still finding it hard to put anything 'together'.
Scanning through the library objects, I see that many have very limited 'built-in' documentation.... eeek I spent ages reading through TV_text.spin and still have no idea how to use anything other than the default black/white colours.

rgds
Paul

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-15 16:02
    The Hydra manual is another resource. There is a 3rd party book in process. The Propeller Education Kit tutorials are also very useful.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,260
    edited 2007-07-15 17:28
    What are you trying to do?

(if nothing, pick something simple.)

We can then have a short high-level discussion on overall flow, then link to some resources to fill in the blanks!
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-07-15 17:53
    I know what you mean about some of the objects, the example programs will generally show many of the features of an object unfortnately they have a habit of being for the purpose of showing off the propeller rather than showing how to use the object.

Graham
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-07-15 18:29
    The propeller isn't terribly old -- if you look at the dates on the library files you will see that many were written in 2006 summer. We're on the toe of the curve here. If you get up to speed and stay current with forum, you'll probably be as close to a cutting edge as the Bay Area was in 1981.

Tres fun, methinks.

If there are books to be written, you're reading the authors here. (mostly. hopefully.)
  • mparkmpark Posts: 1,305
    edited 2007-07-16 14:19
    There's the new Propeller wiki: propeller.wikispaces.com/ (props (ha!) to CardboardGuru).
  • m1nutemanm1nuteman Posts: 6
    edited 2007-07-16 16:50
    Thanks for the replies guys,
    Reading through some Education Kit documents now and gonna order a Hydra book also.

kind rgds
    Paul
    ·