Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Digikey Part # for 5Mhz Crystal? — Parallax Forums

Digikey Part # for 5Mhz Crystal?

JoeCreateJoeCreate Posts: 36
edited 2007-07-08 18:15 in Propeller 1
I've never picked out crystals before for anything and since there are soooo many to pick from, could someone post a digikey part # for the 5mhz crystal for the propeller (it appears Parallax doesn't sell the crystal or EEPROM)?· Like the one used on the Proto Board (but not Surface Mount).· I just don't want to get·a bunch of the wrong thing.

Thanks.
·

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2007-07-08 17:22
    The one I use is CTX051.

Sid

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift.

That is why they call it the present.

Don't have VGA?
    Newzed@aol.com
    ·
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-07-08 17:32
    JoeCreate,

I have a pcb with a DigiKey ordered crystal, X410-ND part number. Worked fine for my application. May be several, but this seemed to be close in size and frequency to Parallax's ProtoBoard crystal. YMMV, or not.

I understand the 'doubts' when ordering parts never before part of one's experience.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-07-08 17:40
    The crystal does not matter too much... The "cut" does not seem to have any influence. SpinStamp and Hydra use 10 MHz. You can use any value in between and above and below, but have to change your programms accordingly.

As there are many incompatilies between boards you of course should select the crystal generally used for the board you wand to come most closely to...
  • JoeCreateJoeCreate Posts: 36
    edited 2007-07-08 18:04
    Thanks everyone! I love this forum. Ask a question and come back 10 minutes later and odds are someone has posted an answer. And SMART answers to boot! I like the low-profile so the X410-ND looks like the one I'll go with.
  • LarryLarry Posts: 212
    edited 2007-07-08 18:15
    One more xtal-

There is a 5MHz crystal known to work for sale on the Parallax site for your convenience.

www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=251-05000

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔