psp lcd interface — Parallax Forums

psp lcd interface

AHMET AKSUAHMET AKSU Posts: 62
edited 2007-07-08 02:17 in Propeller 1
· is it possible to use a psp lcd display with the propeller

Comments

• OakGraphicsOakGraphics Posts: 202
    edited 2007-07-08 00:11
    you mean this display? http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8335
    Sparkfun seems to have a supply of 'em. They are making a 'development board' that is due out July/August.
    They sell the connectors already for it, but they suggest a cpu with some umph will be needed. Should be interesting to see if the propeller can fire it up. It looks like you would need 28 i/o to hook it up for full colour, but I have thought about simplifing the display to only 7 pins by ganging all r/g/b pins together - giving you 8 colours for the display. I supose a b/w display for this would only be 5 pins. smile.gif The manual for this display is at http://document.sharpsma.com/files/LQ043T3DX02_SP_122805.pdf

The only issue then would be timing, I supose.
  • PatMPatM Posts: 72
    edited 2007-07-08 00:57
    When's the Prop II coming out? 8)
    ·
  • deSilvadeSilva Posts: 2,967
    edited 2007-07-08 01:28
    I browsed through the datasheet and could find no catch of any kind. This display should work as a any *GA monitor; the timimg is clearly described in Table 7-1. The base clock is 9 MHz which should not be outside the Probs skills... Of course one COG cannot provide 24 bit color data, but that will not be the point. You also have to provide 2.5 volts. There is no need for any special processing power whatsoever.
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-07-08 02:17
    PatM,

Look for this thread "What would you want more of, cogs or RAM?". On page 19 I have a bit of a summary table for Prop gen#2. Formatting got messed up a bit, but one should be able to figure it out fairly easy. I have at the right side of the table the 'page/date/time' of the various info sources.

Too bad I didn't start it way last year. Would make it easier for new members to see more of the picture.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn