Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robot Head — Parallax Forums

Robot Head

danielcheetadanielcheeta Posts: 3
edited 2007-07-17 09:46 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I'm making a Robot head. I'm using BS2sx, PIR, and Text to speech.
I need one more item which is the sound sensor·so that the Robot Head
can communicate when it heard sound.
Can anyone intro which sound sensor to buy from parallax?

Thk
·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-06 01:46
    I don't think Parallax sells a sound sensor, but the general outline is a microphone, an amplifier with a volume control to set the sound level, followed by a rectifier (diode, filter capacitor) and a pot across the capacitor to set the discharge rate and voltage threshold. This goes into a Stamp pin through a resistor somewhere between 1K and 10K and the Stamp detects when the voltage goes above about 0.6V (goes high). Do a websearch for "sound detector" and you'll probably find lots of circuits.

Here's one: [noparse][[/noparse]url]http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/200003/larryb.html[noparse][[/noparse]/url]

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 7/6/2007 1:53:40 AM GMT
  • danielcheetadanielcheeta Posts: 3
    edited 2007-07-06 03:33
    Thank a lot, Mike Green.

Best regard
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-07-13 22:10
    Take a look at what SN96 has done with creating an audio sensor: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=572182

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2007-07-16 11:56
    Servo Magazine has this article in the current issue -

Robots Can Make Good Listeners, Too.
    by Bryce & Evan Woolley

This month, we have the opportunity to present a device that would instantly ratchet up the cool factor on any robotics project — a voice recognition module. The SR-06/SR-07 Speech Recognition Kit from Images SI (www.imagesco.com) is an exciting project in and of itself, but the possibility of hooking it up to a robot to literally have it at your beck and call makes it all the more enticing. We always liked giving our robots names, and now we had the means to have them respond to them. We thought it was high time for robots to learn our language instead of the other way around, anyway.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • danielcheetadanielcheeta Posts: 3
    edited 2007-07-17 09:46
    Ya! after some searching... I did saw this sr-07·which cost SGD 275. Which i had·bought it for my robot head. Now I'm waiting for it to arrive.

btw, I'm adding CMUcam2+ to my robot head too. But the website give a lot of CMUcam2 informations and not CMUcam2+. Trying to connect the CMUcam2+ to BS2sx.·Any guild line for me? Thank a lot.

Best regard·