Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Difference between prop plug/clip? — Parallax Forums

Difference between prop plug/clip?

bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
edited 2007-07-06 01:20 in Propeller 1
What is the difference? Which one do I need to use with the Proto Board? www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=32212? It mentions both the clip and plug in the description.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-07-04 05:42
    The difference is that the PropClip has a clip-like gadget and some spring loaded pins that make connection to 4 pads on the edge of a PC board while the PropPlug has a 4 position 0.1" header soldered to the same pads/holes as the spring loaded pins. Otherwise, the devices are identical.

The Protoboard can be used with either the PropClip or the PropPlug.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-07-04 10:05
    Now I understand! The PropCLIP is an actually clip on device. I'm using the USBSER and that takes soldering another 4-pin header onto the Protoboard.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Everything in the world is purchased by labour; and our passions are the only causes of labor." -- David·Hume (1711-76)········
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-07-04 22:12
    Either will work, however most find the PropPlug more useful when doing thier own designs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2007-07-06 01:20
    I concurr with paul, the plug works beautifully on the protoboard (as long as you have the LED's facing down that is)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Definetly a E3 (Electronics Engineer Extrodinare!)
    "I laugh in the face of imposible,... not because i know it all, ... but because I don't know well enough!"