Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VGA 4 colour bitmap driver — Parallax Forums

VGA 4 colour bitmap driver

PatMPatM Posts: 72
edited 2007-07-02 17:06 in Propeller 1
Does anybody have a vga driver that uses bitmap colour instead of tiles? I need to be able to draw lines of different colours for a line graph that has two series in the same space. If I use the two colour drivers available in all the existing drivers, you wouldn't be able to tell which line was which when they cross. I've been experimenting with the vga demos and actually managed to figure out how to set 4 colour mode in vcfg but then realized the vga drivers wouldn't support individual pixel colouring.

I know 4 colours uses a lot more memory but I need 320x240 or lower (240x128 really) so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

A huge bonus would be if it used the 8x12 font from the hires text demo/progue, though I think I can wedge that in myself with a bit more studying. Most of the hires text demo makes sense, I just have to figure out all the spin operator functions to really understand it.

Thanks!

Comments

• PatMPatM Posts: 72
    edited 2007-07-02 17:06
    Actually, I finally realized that the tiling doesn't matter. Its four colour choices in a tile so I can have three coloured lines anyway...

Amazing what coffee can do.