Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Source code for encoder calibration software — Parallax Forums

Source code for encoder calibration software

MightorMightor Posts: 338
edited 2007-07-03 18:57 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi there,

I am looking to calibrate my BoeBot's encoders with the help of the Hitachi HM55B Compass Module instead of the photoresistor as per the directions in ApplyEncoder.pdf. However to recreate those values it spits out and to save myself a whole bunch of unnecessary coding work, I'd really like to have access to the source code for the windows program so I can modify it. What language is it written in? I have Visual Studio 2005 and 6.0 available to me, so anything that's not Delphi should be fine [noparse]:)[/noparse] I'd be happy to give back the modified source code for people to play with when I am done, of course.
With the compass module it's probably possible to do without the Windows program to calculate the pulses per rotations, but I think it might be nice to allow calibration with either the photoresistor or the compass module. I will also post the modified bs2 program, naturally.

Gr,
Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
| What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-06-30 17:42
    It's written in Perl/Tk, using ActivePerl. It's uncommented, and I can't offer any support for it. But if you still want it, email me (my PM is disabled), and I'll send you a copy.

-Phil
  • MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-07-03 18:57
    Phil,

It's not nearly as illegible as you made it out to be [noparse]:)[/noparse] Not bad for a write-only language, haha.

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.