Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Summer special — Parallax Forums

Summer special

mahjonggmahjongg Posts: 141
edited 2007-07-07 19:33 in Propeller 1
The popular electronics magazine elektor has done a "summer special" edition totally dedicated to hobby robots, with several articles about the Propeller.

Check it out at www.elektor.com/

Comments

• OakGraphicsOakGraphics Posts: 202
    edited 2007-06-29 22:15
    Do they have an 'online' version of the thier subscription? I never seem to find a bookseller for this magazine, even though I am in the UK. smile.gif
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-06-29 22:41
    WHSmiths normally stock it.

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/Go.asp

Stores nationwide.

Graham
  • QuattroRS4QuattroRS4 Posts: 916
    edited 2007-07-07 13:58
    Just rereading the bumper issue now - Parallax is mentioned in loads of articles ...

Article by Ken Gracey on 'CMUCam1 vision system' ..... 2.5 Pages

A version of the 2 transistor interface fo the prop programming ....

Article on Propeller prototyping board for BoeBot - elektor said 'Parallax had no objections when we asked if we could design a version of the board for use with classic DIL IC's ' ...yet another prop board !

Perhaps my favourite is in an article titled 'Which brain for my robot' ... 6.5 pages long ..... goes through all Basic Stamps,Javelin Stamp and finally the Propeller - other manufacturers don't get anywhere near·the same exposure ...One of my favourite quotes from the article is just prior to the introduction of the prop..

'Rest assured,Elektor readers,we have not been paid to write this article by Parallax,even though it's another of this company's products we're going to be talking about next: the Propeller.'

I think that sums it up really...
    Quattro

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    'Necessity is the mother of invention'

Post Edited (QuattroRS4) : 7/7/2007 2:04:47 PM GMT
  • Franz AchatzFranz Achatz Posts: 140
    edited 2007-07-07 16:48
    the elektuur (elektor) magazine lost lots of its quality the last years.
    But this edition is WHOW !!!!
    All about robotics and Parallax smile.gif))

Keep in mind that all the projects in this summer-edition are supported from the
    elektor-readers, this time !!!!

best regards
    Franz
  • OakGraphicsOakGraphics Posts: 202
    edited 2007-07-07 16:49
    Graham Stabler said...
    WHSmiths normally stock it.

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/Go.asp

Stores nationwide.

Graham
    You wont believe it but whsmith didnt even know what it was!· I went there and no luck.· They suggested I try one of thier larger stores, like in leatherhead.· I might just break down and pay the 6£ shipping from elektor, and pick up a 3 month subscription while I am at it. eyes.gif
  • Franz AchatzFranz Achatz Posts: 140
    edited 2007-07-07 17:00
    thats more then 10 Euros for shipping. For a 300 gramm magazine whichs costs Euro 12.30.
    I think you can download it at elektor but you have to pay some money.

br
    Franz
  • JonnyBritishJonnyBritish Posts: 8
    edited 2007-07-07 19:33
    If you to to the Elektor web site and register they give you 10 free credits which can be used to purchase the articles you want including the one which brain for my robot.

John