Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PE Kit Servo Control — Parallax Forums

PE Kit Servo Control

edited 2008-08-26 18:23 in Propeller 1
This application of the Counter Modules and Circuit Applications PE Kit lab can be used to precisely control up to 14 servos in a separate cog.· All objects are written in spin.· Example programs are included that demonstrate control of two continuous rotation servos for a differential drive robot and fourteen standard servos, for a more complex robot.

Download:·PE Kit Servo Control v1.4.zip
See also:·· Propeller Education Kit Labs,·Propeller Education Kit

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Andy Lindsay

Education Department
Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 8/24/2010 6:33:53 PM GMT

Comments

• edited 2007-06-17 00:17
    There was a bug in the fourteen servos example code. It is corrected the original has been replaced by v1.4.zip.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • KeezinatorKeezinator Posts: 21
    edited 2008-08-26 18:23
    I am having a question: Using "Servos for PE Kit.spin" 1.4, only speed values between -200 and 200 seem to have different speeds.

Below -200 or above +200 the servos seem to have the same (maximum) speed.

Is this 'normal' or am I doing something wrong? The servos object allows speeds from -1000 (.5 ms pulselength) to +1000 (2.5 ms pulse length).

I·am using a propstick USB with the propeller education kit on top of a BOE bot chassis (and using the BOE bot servos).

I don't have any other power consumers on the board and I am driving the servos from the 5V power supplied by the regulator on board, while the controls are connected directly to the propstick output pins.

The whole thing is powered by 4 AA batteries...

Attached a picture of my setup ...

Post Edited (Keezinator) : 8/26/2008 6:33:49 PM GMT
    1280 x 960 - 301K