Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
CONTROL VIRTUALLY ANYTHING board from N&V Magizine — Parallax Forums

CONTROL VIRTUALLY ANYTHING board from N&V Magizine

DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
edited 2007-06-12 14:30 in General Discussion
So I built the Anamitronics Board featured in Nuts and Volts, the PCB came out beautifully besides a few cross soldiered pins it all went together perfectly. When I started this project I assumed that I could connect it to a PC and program the SX chip. and then connect it to the controller software. However the SX software can't find the SX Chip. I don't know if it's because there is a problem with my board or if I need to program it a different way. Can an SX chip be programmed like a BS2.... connecting 4 pins to a serial port or does it require the key? I'm in over my head but hey how else do you learn to swim.

thanks for the help

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer. - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster

Comments

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,941
    edited 2007-06-12 03:26
    You need an SX-Key or SX-Blitz. The serial port on that board is just for communicating with the external host.

Edit: I've attached a picture (my controller in my hand) with an arrow indicating the SX-Key/Blitz connector on the board.

Post Edited (JonnyMac) : 6/12/2007 3:35:23 AM GMT
    640 x 480 - 348K
  • DgswanerDgswaner Posts: 795
    edited 2007-06-12 04:42
    Thanks! I'll quit trying to find out what is wrong with my board..... for now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    A complex design is the sign of an inferior designer. - Jamie Hyneman, Myth Buster
  • Shawn LoweShawn Lowe Posts: 635
    edited 2007-06-12 14:27
    Which months issue is that board in? My subscription just started (restarted)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Shawn Lowe

My last words shall be - "NOT YET!!!"
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,941
    edited 2007-06-12 14:30
    May -- the article has bee reposted on the Parallax web site (Downloads\NV)