Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Limiting EEPROM write burnout. - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Limiting EEPROM write burnout.

2»

Comments

• Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2007-06-12 19:11
    jeffjohnvol--

That is fantastic! I bet it is a LOT of fun. I would not be able to afford the electricity because I would ride it so much.

Seats! Thought about seats? Oh, and a cooler. Don't forget the cooler.

That thing is a DESTINATION attraction!

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.
  • jeffjohnvoljeffjohnvol Posts: 197
    edited 2007-06-12 19:26
    Yes, it has a bench facing the lake now. Thanks!
  • skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2007-06-12 22:38
    One thing not clear from the video is, do you have a counterbalance system to ease the load on the motor/s? How many people can the platform
    take at a time?
  • jeffjohnvoljeffjohnvol Posts: 197
    edited 2007-06-13 00:02
    Actually, there is no counterbalance system.· We thought about it at one point, but the motor and gearing is so strong its not really necessary.· There's not even a flicker in the home lighting when the system is activated.

We did think about it at one time, but building the track itself was such a chore, doing another CB system was too exhausting to think about.

We try to limit the load to 2 fullsize adults, or 500 lbs.· Believe it or not, the biggest limitation is going down.· We were getting overbrake faults before we put a brake resistor on it.· Its a 50 ohm monster about 12 inches long and an inch thick with a cage to prevent little fingers from getting burned.

If anyone ever needs a way to activate a switch from a long distance, I have found the perfect device through a company called linear systems.· Its a 4 button remote that works up to half a mile.