Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VEX Receiver Demultiplexer Object — Parallax Forums

VEX Receiver Demultiplexer Object

Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
edited 2007-06-02 17:53 in Propeller 1
I was looking in the Propeller Object exchange today and noticed that Scott Gray, posted his "VEX Receiver Demultiplexer Object".

I quickly put together a 'Top' file to test it out, in the attached archive.

Scott thanks for posting it, you saved me a month of Sundays!

BTY: I had a 'Homer' moment, be sure to add the pull-up resistor, used a 10K on my board.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Mike

Comments

• AZSquibAZSquib Posts: 2
    edited 2007-06-02 16:03
    You're welcome.· I haven't tried to use the PHA feature yet, so the code uses cnt.· I have used the object for a month and appears to be very accurate in timing down to the microsecond, even though it is in Spin and using the global counter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    AZSquib
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2007-06-02 16:42
    Scott,

If you make changes to the object and need another pair of eyes to test, then I don't mind testing 'betas'.

I will be replacing the SX28 helper chip on my Hybrid Power Wheels with a Propeller.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=645872

Since I've built a 'custom' servo for it, I need to be able to modify the pulses, sent to the actuator servo, to move correctly. Don't really need a propeller for this, the SX was working fine, but it's too cool to be able to plug in a TV for debugging! May activate the 'broadcast' mode of the TV object so I can have a short range wireless 'debug' monitor.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

Post Edited (Mike Cook) : 6/2/2007 4:47:02 PM GMT
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-06-02 17:37
    Just in case anyone missed this, this is for the excellent $29.95 receiver/transmitter
    pair that is used with the VEX. It's available from allelectronics.com at:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/JS-6/search/6-CHANNEL_TRANSMITTER_AND_RECEIVER_.html

The transmitter is a great piece of work, and the receiver is your normal 3-pin +5V, ground,
    and data. You get two 2-axis joysticks and a whole host of other buttons and trim buttons.
  • Mike CookMike Cook Posts: 829
    edited 2007-06-02 17:53

Don't forget eBay!

I bought my first VEX R/C setup from www.allelectronics.com, it was about $37.00 delivered. However just recently picked up two new VEX R/C radios from eBay for $38.00 delivered!, Also picked up a 4 pack of xtals for about $8.00 delivered.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike