Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
CTRA, CTRB tutorials? — Parallax Forums

CTRA, CTRB tutorials?

SteelSteel Posts: 313
edited 2007-06-01 02:00 in Propeller 1
I have gone through the Propeller Objects download and through the other threads, and have found very little about working with the CTRs in the propeller.

Unfortunately, I don't understand how the Phs and Freq work together to create or read analog signals, and I would really like to do that.

Right now, the only objects in the object download for DAC, ADC work uses external chips.· I would like to create some objects for people that run the Timer features listed in the manual (Frequency Synthesis, Frequency measurement, Pulse Counting, Pulse Measurement, multi-pin state measurement, PWM, Duty cycle measurement, DAC, ADC, etc)

Unfortunately, I don't 'quite' understand how the PLLDIV, FRQ, PHS interact with each other.

Is there a tutorial or any information that better explains what they actually do, and how they work together?· The manual seems to just state that they accumulate to create a an Oscillator. confused.gif

I would like to undersand these better so that I can master them and help others.

Is there anybody who could provide more insight, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Shaun

Comments