Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mini breadboards — Parallax Forums

Mini breadboards

MightorMightor Posts: 338
edited 2007-06-07 14:18 in Robotics
Hi there,

I've searched HIGH and LOW but I am unable to find a shop in the Netherlands that sells the small breadboards found on the Board of Education for the Basic Stamp. I would like to have an additional one on the bot so I can add more stuff to it. Does anyone know of a place in Europe that might sell these?

Gr,
Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
| What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.

Comments

• Skywalker49Skywalker49 Posts: 172
    edited 2007-05-30 20:07
    You can try to call DIL Elektronica in Rotterdam. My experience is that they are able to order a lot.
    Farnell.com has the breadboards you are looking for but you need to order a min. of 50 Euro.

Good luck,
    Ed
  • MightorMightor Posts: 338
    edited 2007-05-30 20:38
    DIL is 5 mins drive from where I live and they didn't have them. It's a cool shop other than that, very helpful bunch. As for the 50 euro min charge that's not so bad. I am in need for some other stuff as well, I'll just combine it all into one shipment [noparse]:)[/noparse] Thanks for the suggestion, I only knew of DIL and Conrad that had online shops and neither has it.

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    | What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
    edited 2007-05-31 20:29
    The solution to my problem consisted of using a small hacksaw on a large breadboard and basically sawing the thing in two. I then sealed the open ends with some hard glue and now it looks pretty good. The breadboard is almost exactly the same width as the bot itself. With some aluminium strips I should have this thing mounted in no time.

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • lilpholilpho Posts: 22
    edited 2007-06-01 13:33
    im not sure if netherlands have a radio shack but that place sells small bread boards slightly bigger though =( it's 2"X2"
    edited 2007-06-01 18:03
    Radioshack used to operate in the Netherlands under the name 'Tandy' or 'Tandi'. They closed all their shops about 20 years ago or more. I used to spend countless hours in those shops looking all those cool gadgets they had back then. I got my first 101-in-one electronic circuits set there. Ah good times...
    Anyway, the sawn-in-half breadboard bits are working well for me, so my problem is solved.

bbsmllrg.jpg+79_T14.jpg=Small_Breadboard.jpgxnumber_2.jpg

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Post Edited (Mightor) : 6/1/2007 6:08:32 PM GMT
  • Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2007-06-07 13:29
    Mightor said...
    Hi there,

I've searched HIGH and LOW but I am unable to find a shop in the Netherlands that sells the small breadboards found on the Board of Education for the Basic Stamp. I would like to have an additional one on the bot so I can add more stuff to it. Does anyone know of a place in Europe that might sell these?

Gr,
    Mightor

You don't have access to the Parallax item? www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=700-00012
    edited 2007-06-07 14:18
    I am not in the US and the local reseller for parallax items charges quite a lot of money (17 euro inc tax) for shipping and handling so I try to source most of my items from local stores.
    This is what the finished product now looks like. Picture is a bit crappy quality but I took it with my Palm Zire 72 [noparse]:)[/noparse] (See attached)

Gr,
    Mightor

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    1280 x 960 - 378K