Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Proto board problem — Parallax Forums

Proto board problem

El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
edited 2007-06-04 20:59 in Propeller 1
I am desperate and need some help.
I am using the Parallax Proto Board with a USB2SER
I am trying to drive a GWS servo model S03N as channerl·1 of the Proto board.
I am using the "servo32" object.
a PING and a ezLCD-004 LCD·are also connected.
The PING runs OK until the servo is connected, then stops working and the servo jerks and stand still.
The same thing happens with a GWS servo model PARK L.

I am attaching the code.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-29 16:26
    It probably has nothing to do with your code. It sounds like the servo is drawing enough current to shutdown the voltage regulator and reset the Propeller. Try using a separate power supply for the servo power (with all the grounds tied together).
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-05-30 17:02
    And always make your code start with a distinctive LED blink, or buzz, or something. Do this and you will *always* know when
    the prop has reset. The reason you want to do this is there are a lot of things that can reset the prop (including servo current
    draw, brownout on the supply due to low batteries, transients from motors picked up by wiring, etc.) Making every program
    start with a recognizable blink or buzz will save you tons of time.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-06-04 20:59
    Are you supplying the power to the ezLCD from the board as well? You may be overtaxing the current capabilities of the regulator, the servo itself should be able to be drawn from the board, but if you are also supplying the panel your much more likely to run into problems.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.