Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
We need a file section for Hydra — Parallax Forums

We need a file section for Hydra

JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
edited 2007-05-29 19:16 in Propeller 1
Now that the Hydra is really starting to bloom and people are making some impressive stuff, I think we need some kind of file page. It would need to be moderated of course, but that way Hydra users could just go to the download page, look and see what is available, and download it.

I don't know how many Hyrdas have been sold, but I bet only 1/3rd visit the message board.

Any way thats my two cents.

Comments

• Damien AllenDamien Allen Posts: 103
    edited 2007-05-28 19:48
    You know I was thinking the same thing earlier on today. Something akin to the object exchange, which would be a repository for games, game engines, sound engines, theory demonstrations etc. It could be expanded to be a bit more complex with versioning (is that a word?) such as sourceforge for example.
  • epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-05-28 21:59
    JT, you read my mind (and stole my thunder! [noparse]:)[/noparse]. I purchased www.hydraplanet.com and am currently working to put together a community web site for us all.

I agree that there are a good number of interesting Hydra projects in the works and that we are in need a common place to collect/share/find/maintain them. This will be a community modifiable site so I have chosen to use Drupal as a back-end, but I haven't worked with Drupal before so I' still busy getting the infrastructure in place. I'll post to the forums as soon as the site is operational.
  • aliniousalinious Posts: 51
    edited 2007-05-28 22:16
    epmoyer, I would definitely be willing to lend a hand with the development of your hydraplanet website. About two years ago my good friend Tom introduced me to Drupal, and I have used it in various projects since the introduction. If you would like, please send me a PM or forum response as to how I could help you develop the site.

-Alan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "I learn when I succeed, but I learn more when I fail."
  • RedNifreRedNifre Posts: 84
    edited 2007-05-28 23:02
    Yeah, my opinion is that it should be like the Comprehensive Clonk Archive Network, which you can see here:
    www.ccan.de/
    You can select a category when uploading, it is possible to comment on an upload, you can rate it and you can use filters (like minimum quality, type of upload etc.)
    A page like this for the Hydra would rock!
    edited 2007-05-28 23:34
    Alan,

Thanks! I'm sure I could use some help at some point. I'll PM you now so we have each other's contact info.
  • aliniousalinious Posts: 51
    edited 2007-05-28 23:57
    epmoyer,

I sent you a PM regarding my contact info. Whatever assistance you need, I can or will do my best to provide. Thank-you for all the work you put in to create HDMF!

-Alan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "I learn when I succeed, but I learn more when I fail."
  • KeeblerKeebler Posts: 58
    edited 2007-05-29 06:09
    alinious said...
    epmoyer, I would definitely be willing to lend a hand with the development of your hydraplanet website. About two years ago my good friend Tom introduced me to Drupal, and I have used it in various projects since the introduction. If you would like, please send me a PM or forum response as to how I could help you develop the site.

-Alan

It says the domain was parked for free, is that true?··· If so, how does that work?

Rich
    edited 2007-05-29 07:38
    They just mean that they don't charge extra to park it. I bought the domain from GoDaddy but I haven't pointed it at my server yet so it is "parked".
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-05-29 17:41
    Very cool. Also, we can put links somewhere in www.hydraconsole.com to your site and of course from the xgamestation.com site as well.

Andre'
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-05-29 19:16
    Sorry to steal your thunder, I'm just glad others seem to be thinking in the same direction smile.gif

The nice thing is now the best time to start since there are enough projects to make it useful, but not too many to make it overwhelming.