Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GEAR: TV plug in trouble. — Parallax Forums

GEAR: TV plug in trouble.

potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
edited 2007-06-10 07:03 in Propeller 1
Essentially, it syncs poorly to many images --even when they plenty close enough to NTSC spec.

Any tweak ideas?

Edit: Is the plugin scheme documented anywhere? I've been playing with the TV plugin code and it does some averaging to detect where the sync is happening. I believe this is the trouble for some images. I think I need more to modify this plugin code.

Post Edited (potatohead) : 5/28/2007 5:29:26 PM GMT

Comments

• TransistorToasterTransistorToaster Posts: 149
    edited 2007-06-02 03:58
    I can't get the TV plugin to work at all. Nobody responded to my post in the GEAR thread. What are the correct steps?
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2007-06-02 04:15
    Are you running a HYDRA, or Demoboard or something else?

Getting the plugin to work boils down to making sure it is watching the same pins you are generating video on. Change this section:

Voltage =
    ((pins[noparse][[/noparse]24] == PinState.OUTPUT_HI) ? 1 : 0) +
    ((pins[noparse][[/noparse]25] == PinState.OUTPUT_HI) ? 2 : 0) +
    ((pins[noparse][[/noparse]26] == PinState.OUTPUT_HI) ? 4 : 0);

The numbers shown are for HYDRA. To make the edits, open plugin from the main menu, not the one that displays when an EEPROM is loaded. You can also just open the .xml file too and make changes there.

After matching the pins up, load your EEPROM file, hit run, then hit open plugin, click on the TV tab and wait.
  • TransistorToasterTransistorToaster Posts: 149
    edited 2007-06-10 02:50
    Potatohead,
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry I missed it. It's my own circuit with the same video dedicated pins as the demoboard. What do I put in that case?
    Thanks.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2007-06-10 07:03
    If you are setup like the demoboard, you don't need to change anything really. That's the GEAR default.

The steps are:

1. Build your EEPROM file

2. Open it up in GEAR

3. Open the plugin, using the menu that appears after you open your EEPROM file.

4. Hit run and that's really it.