Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
hmi — Parallax Forums

hmi

loser_1982loser_1982 Posts: 2
edited 2007-09-07 13:40 in Propeller 1
if some one knows how to, for eample make a graph for a vu meter using the propeller video capavility
and display on a monitor, my general idea is tu make something like an hmi, where i can tag outputs and show on a monitor, in the parralax site there is guy that made something similar to what i want, with a motorcycle, he displays engine rev. gasoline level and other stuff.......please i need help with that..

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-27 15:57
    I suggest you look at the graphics object that's included with the Propeller Tool, including its demo program. Start playing with it to see how to produce the background shapes (and colors) that you want. There are calls in that library object to produce lines and arcs. Once you understand how to display the shapes you want, you can make a method (function) that will display a vu meter-like graphic given a value to display.

You are not likely to find anything "ready made" and you will eventually have to learn how to do it yourself.
  • Mark BramwellMark Bramwell Posts: 56
    edited 2007-09-07 06:34
    I am curious if you have found a ready made vu-meter object/code ?

I am at that stage myself and was wondering if someone has already figured out decent graphics with arcs.
  • Ken PetersonKen Peterson Posts: 806
    edited 2007-09-07 12:52
    The Graphics object has a function to draw arcs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The more I know, the more I know I don't know.· Is this what they call Wisdom?
  • Fred HawkinsFred Hawkins Posts: 997
    edited 2007-09-07 13:40
    Perry may have what you need: http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25&m=202781&g=211162#m211162

There was also a thread that showed a bot range finding a bottle on table. The monitor screen connected to the bot showed an arc and a distance vector to where the bot thought closeby obstacles were. The bot used a servo adjusted ping sensor. I can't find the thread, maybe someone else remembers...