Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax 433mHz RX module — Parallax Forums

Parallax 433mHz RX module

JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
edited 2007-05-25 17:38 in General Discussion
Hi All,

I am encountering an issue using the 433mHz RX module. I have used them and other similar units many times. It's been a few months since I have. I got back to a project a couple of days ago, and found that there seems to be a stream of data continously on the frequency which is greatly interfering with my data.

I started by assuming it was either a local thing or perhaps power supply noise. I ran the unit on batteries, so that isn't it. I hooked it up to my optascope and my laptop and walked around the 12 acres of my property. Same data stream, and the RSSI pin has the same voltage on·it. I packed it all up in the car and went for a drive to the store. At about 5 miles from my house, the signal was a little less, but still present.

So, I'm guessing that someone in my area has a telemetry project or something using this frequency. It is a legit HAM band. Is there any way I can attenuate the antenna so that I only pick up my local data? I don't need much range for the project 100' or even 50' would be OK. If not, I guess I will have to pick up some units using a differnet frequency. I have a 315mHz project around the house, so I can't use that.

Any ideas? I'd really like to be able to use the modules I have.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-05-25 14:53
    Jonathan,

Please have a look at the following thread. There are two sets of attachments in two different messages which may help or improve your situation. Please let us know how this works out for you. Take care.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=611353

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2007-05-25 17:38
    Chris,

Thanks for the help. I'll try the suggestions in the other thread and let you all know how it went.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot