Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
running multiple BS2s together — Parallax Forums

running multiple BS2s together

08dpn0108dpn01 Posts: 2
edited 2007-05-26 17:27 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Does anyone have any suggessted resources where I can find infromation on how to connect multiple BS2s together and run a program.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-05-24 15:40
    Hello,

Not sure what you mean about connecting and running a program…but serial communication between BASIC Stamps is covered in the Help File and BASIC Stamp Manual under the SERIN/SEROUT commands. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • AA Posts: 22
    edited 2007-05-26 17:06
    Getting two stamps to communicate is easy enough as mentioned above.· To run a "single" program you really have to have a separate program on each stamp.· Take the time to map out the·timming for data and control or you just get a headache.

Hey Parallax,

If you plan on ever updating the board of eduacation how about some extra·sockets for the serial pins?? Its great to have the serial interface but if a stamp is in the socket I cant get them without wedging wires under the stamp pins.· Better yet update your stamps to have the extra pins on them, sorta like the propeller stamp's extra programming pins.· Mabey you already offer a solution for accesing the serial pins?· I ask because often I can't spare a regular·I/O pin for my projects.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-26 17:27
    There's also a Nuts and Volts column (#55 & #56) on the subject here: www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/nvcolumns/Nuts_Volts_Downloads_V2.asp