Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Manic Miner Port. — Parallax Forums

Manic Miner Port.

BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
edited 2007-05-24 13:34 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

I've recently·coded a·Manic Miner game (·like the·original spectrum version ) to Proto-board and Hydra.

I'd like some feed back to see if it works on peoples setups.
The non SD versions use >32KB EEPROM space for leveldata and titlescreen, so for DemoBoard ( which IIRC only has 32KB ) I've done the SD version which has Port 0-3 for the SD card. and files to be copied to the root dir.
There's a Hydra version keyboard port 3, mono sound port 7, tv port 24 etc.
and 2 Proto/DemoBoard versions keyboard port 26,27, sound port 10,11, tv port 12.

Hydra download links are at the bottom of this page. ( which is also start of thread )
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=649775

Proto versions are at top of page 2
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=649775

Cheers,
Baggers.

Any feedback is greatly received.
·

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-05-23 01:26
    Wow! Being a C64 guy, I felt like I was back playing a Mastertronic title. Very Cool..

Some Feedback..

Couldn't get propterminal to load it correctly, keep getting some bad checksums, so Propeller tool was used, and it worked perfectly the first time.

I failed to move my SD card over to the Propeller, so the first time I got musical blocks playing a tune on the screen, then realized my error. (Had the TV turned up a little too loud too.. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

For some reason, (and I'll compare with some other stuff I have) the top two inches of the screen are squewd over to the left a bit.

All and All Awesome work! I'm pleased to see the use of the SD card to load the graphics. Sweet!

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-05-23 07:27
    Cheers for the info [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Yeah, the JLC_Spectrum_TV driver has some timing issues somewhere, I'm wanting to do my own tv driver for it soon, probably next before I do JSW or something.
    I also want to try and get it working on PAL also, so it can run at 50Hz not 60.
    PS, did you like the title music, it was very hard getting the timing to get the prop to sound that bad [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    again, thanks for the feedback.

Baggers.

PS, note to SD users
    you·will have to rename TitleAttr.bin to titleatr.bin on the SD card ( to fit filename into 8.3 format )

Post Edited (Baggers) : 5/23/2007 8:28:05 AM GMT
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-05-24 13:34
    Just to let you know I've posted the source to MM.
    it's in the Hydra forum, see link to hydra thread in top post.