Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HYDRA XTREME 512K SRAM Card On Sale Now! — Parallax Forums

HYDRA XTREME 512K SRAM Card On Sale Now!

AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
edited 2007-05-29 18:53 in Propeller 1
Finally, after a billion details (as usual) the 512K SRAM card is all done and ready for sale. You can buy them here for now:

http://www.xgamestation.com/view_product.php?id=43

Detailed documentation and source are downloadable from the product page at the bottom·in the "Downloads" section.

Andre'·jumpin.gif

Post Edited (AndreL) : 5/22/2007 6:47:09 AM GMT

Comments

• epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-05-22 07:35
    Wooohooo! Thanks Andre! Now go get some sleep!

Gosh, I said I'd buy one on day one, but its 12:35am now, so I guess it's day two already. What a slacker I am [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • mahjonggmahjongg Posts: 141
    edited 2007-05-22 10:33
    Congratulations Andre'

The manual looks great too.

I hope you will sell a lot of them, and they become a great boost for the Hydra, with lots of games using them.
    Can't wait to see what everybody will do with them.

Mahjongg.
  • epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-05-22 18:30
    Andre'

Have you written a video driver which uses the Extreme 512K yet? (I know I know, with all your spare time [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I haven't picked through the drivers out there to see how people fake more than 4 colors on the screen. I am guessing you put the Propeller in 2 bit color mode and then set the pixel timing so that each real "pixel" you see on the screen is really composed of 4 actual pixels in the 32bit, 16 pixel word that you push to the video hardware, and they just get clocked out so fast they get squashed together into 1 effective visual pixel?
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-05-22 18:47
    Expansion to 64 colors for any pixel is relatively simple. Set the pixels to %%0000_0000_0000_3210 then set colors to the 4 colors you wish to use, you need to enter WAITVID 4x quicker than normal but there is no palette limitations, any one of the 64 possible colors can be used in any position. Going beyond 64 colors requires some extra trickery.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • Damien AllenDamien Allen Posts: 103
    edited 2007-05-28 21:21
    Andre' are you planning to provide a printed copy of the manual for the SRAM card as I hate e-books and the rubbish quality from my printer is no substitute for a professionally printed manual. If not could you self-publish it? Using a site such as http://www.lulu.com it would cost you nothing and you could actually make a little money from sales, then awkward people like me can get a nice printed manual that I don't mind paying extra for...

Just my 10 pence worth.

Damo

Post Edited (Damien Allen) : 5/28/2007 9:54:33 PM GMT
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-05-29 14:16
    Damien,
    www.lulu.com is a remarkable service. I wish we had it in Taiwan because I often have to pay over 200% of the retail price for an English text due to shipping costs. If they ever go global and have an IPO, buy there stock. It is a very environmental friendly way to distribute hardcopy and it is an idea that's time has come.

Parallax should take note too. Many of us need to have a text reference at our elbow while using the IDE on our PC.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Everything in the world is purchased by labour; and our passions are the only causes of labor." -- David·Hume (1711-76)········
    ···················· Tropically,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-05-29 17:39
    Hmmm, well, that's a possibilty, but its only 90 pages. And the problem is that would increase the price another $25 dollars and I doubt people would pay that. I would have to ship the manual here, then add its weight to the package another 2 lbs (since anything over 1 lb turns into 2 lbs as far as shipping goes) and then the people that would get really charged are out of country. OF course, as you say it could be by request, but then for a hand ful of people the time to set it up, add it to eCom, and do it for 1 in 50 customers wouldn't make sense.

Best thing to do is just print the PDF out yourself or if you want it bound goto lulu or cafepress and make a print of it.

And a really good printer is $69-99, maybe a good time to invest in something that can print better [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'
    ·
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-05-29 18:53
    I myself would prefer a PDF or other electronic version as as Andre' said us none US people pay a fortune, for example, for the Hydra Book and CD, I Paid £65 which is what? about $120 not sure what the exchange rate, last time I looked it was almost $2 for £1. anyway, considering the book was only $39 to begin with, I paid WAY over the top, and Andre probably didn't see much of that in return for his work.
    so I'd far rather have paid for a PDF than a book sitting here, yes it's nice to have it to open, but not at that price.

Baggers.